Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Underground pipe dislodged in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

Hi I've removed a slab of concrete in my back garden and discovered a leaking soil pipe. So I've dug it all out and exposed it it's got a cracking in the rising part of the pipe and a hole in the clay pipe so I've cut the clay at the hole and replaced with plastic using rubber gaskets the only problem is the piece of clay pipe has become dislodged from the clay T fitting underground so was just wondering what is the best method to join this back together. It looks like it was just cemented before it became dislodged is it sufficient to just cement it again Ive had to pack around the pipe as a temp measure with clay from where I've dug up.

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Couple of pictures may help us bud

3. johnduffell

johnduffell Member

My general advice would be replace all your pipes that are exposed with new. If the joint is carrying someone else's waste you need to deal with the water company