Search the forum,

Discuss Underground lpg gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi
Got to put some lpg gas pipe underground and just weighing up mdpe gas pipe versus Tracpipe, just seen the cost of Tracpipe wow!!!
Only thing is it seems that the Tracpipe is going to be better to bend for when I connect abouts ground, I see the mdpe has electrofused joints which I wouldn't have a clue how to do so will leave that, has anyone used mdpe before for gas and how did you go on?
At the minute the safest bet looks to use the Tracpipe but it's extremely expensive.
Thanks for any advice

Have a look at gastite and if your doing elec fusion joints there's a separate qualification ;)

Any reason why you cant use coated copper ! if price of TracPipe is to expensive !

Bring it up in a hockey stick and then use a transition coupling.
Why are you needing to bend it tight?

How much are you going underground you can buy tracpipe in 5m or 10m kits, i had to run a LPG pipe underground through 4 inch ducting and i used tracpipe 5m installation kit came with fittings for both ends cost me ÂŁ80 and done within 15 mintues

Copper potentially get crushed underground even if coated. Make sure to lay at correct depth for foot or road traffic as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underground lpg gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our House is now fully Heat Pumped, insulated and we have had the Gas Meter Removed. We have a 1950s foldaway Cannon Gas Grill which is on the wall above the AEG Induction hob with 1 Gas burner. It worked very well on Natural gas. We have had the local gas co. install an LPG supply using...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
C
I live in an ex local authority end terrace house. I am unsure if I have an underground leak from a water pipe? Scottish Water tell me they can't help as there is no loss of water pressure and it's beyond the pavement. The tarmac at both corners are often damp, the front corner looks like the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Not sure if this is the correct area to post? Firstly, i'm not doing this work myself but I need to get a question answered as it impacts an outdoor kitchen slab i'm going to pour and need to run pipe or conduit under it. Having a commercial LPG griddle installed on the outdoor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock