Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss underfloor heating installation problem in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. janequeenie

janequeenie New Member

guys , can you assist , have had underfloor heating installed and it is becoming a nightmare as different people are involved ie underfloor people , electrician and plumber.
    i am far from happy with job and it is due for commissioning this week even though i have told both the plumber and ufh contractors things arent right.but they are are passing the buck between the contractors

the ufh has been plumbed in (white tube on picture ) without any zone valve , when the electrician fired it up , all it did was heated up existing radiators and hot water(with existing timer to house swithced off).
    the words of the plumber are "there isnt a seperate zone valve , we piped it before youre original zone valve for that reason , so will have to wire in timer with the manifold"
    i am no plumber but can see the water takes the easiest route which is a straight passage to the existing mid position valve and into the existing radiators/hot water system

please advise how it should be connected as even with my little knowledge things arent correct.

Attached Files:

2. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

You need to replace the 3 port (White headed Zone valve) with 3 no 2 Port Zone valves, the set up you currently have will always allow water to pass to the hot water cylinder when the UF heating manifold calls for heating.

3. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

Hmmmm surely they aren't telling you that's right

4. stani

stani Plumber GSR

Does that pipe go to a manifold (hopefully)

5. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

Who designed the system?
    Who's managed the different contractors?
    Who's commissioning it?

The layout and components required and who does what should have been sorted out at the beginning, then the guilty party could now be held responsible.

6. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Need more pics of manifold etc. As Ch4 said above. 3 port out and 3 2 ports in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Hopefully there is one , lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

dont think your plumber has a clue or qualified

9. janequeenie

janequeenie New Member

yes there saying its fine !!

10. janequeenie

janequeenie New Member

pipe goes to manifold

11. janequeenie

janequeenie New Member

ufh engineers did the pipes in the floor , couldnt do plumbing as need as needed to be registered and my electrician who i have used a lot for the electrics
    the ufh technician provided nothing bar saying it was a simple water feed to and from the boiler and a plumber would find it easy to do

12. janequeenie

janequeenie New Member

manifold picture

Attached Files:

13. SimonG

Those pipes look old for a new system!

Needs a two port.

14. SimonG

Couldn't do plumbing as need to be registered. That's a new one for straight forward heating pipework. Probably sounds better than them admitting they don't have a clue.

Sounds like you've had three guys with minimal knowledge when what you needed was one who new what he was doing and a decent sparks who is proficient with heating controls.

Might be best getting somebody to have a look and check it out and tell you exactly what you need for it to run safely and efficiently.

• Like Like x 1
  15. janequeenie

janequeenie New Member

now you mention it the pipes dont look new !!!!!!