Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating Flow Meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have had wet underfloor heating installed in a pair of new build semi's.
The problem i have is that i have 1 thermostat controlling 2 zones in kitchen/diner (1x100 metres 1x50 metres pipe run) & another thermostat controlling lounge (1x100metres).

I have tried balancing the flow meters (plumber did not do it) setting the long runs on 2.5 & the short on 1.
I have achieved the 2.5 but can't get the other on 1.

Can anyone tell me if all the flow meters should move even if only one zone is calling for heat as this appears to happen.
Secondly there is occasional high pitched whistling.
The rooms are heating up fine but wondered if the electrician might of wired the zones incorrectly as when i turned the lounge thermostat up the flow meter for one of the zones in the kitchen dropped.

Hi
Could be air in the loop. Sounds like it wasn't filled propery.
Google filling underfloor heating and there are a few videos.

If the motorised heads are not screwed on tight enough then they can let by.

No, only the flow meters for loops calling for heat should move, check the actuators are screwed down properly. Does sound like this wouldnt have been filled properly aswell thiugh if your having to do this.

To rule out incorrect wiring undo the actuators so all circuits are open-loop. At this stage set the flow rates through each circuit between 1.5 & 2 lpm. Put one actuator back on and turn the stat off for that room - after a few minutes check the flow again to confirm the correct loop has closed. If it has not swap the actuators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor Heating Flow Meters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock