Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Unable to reduce Old grey waste pipe to 32mm in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. DragonIron

DragonIron New Member

Hi all,
    Bit of a novice with piping! I had to move my washing machine, and the new location has old grey waste pipe o/d 40mm, I/d about 36mm. I'm trying to reduce this to 32mm so I can hook up my 32mm drain waste to it. I bought a 40mm-32mm reducer and it's won't fit in. Any advice as to the best thing to buy? I guess it's due to old pipes, but really not sure best bet.

Cheers.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Just use a washing machine stand pipe will connect straight to the pipe via a compression 11/2

I wouldn't reduce it down to 32mm washing machines need 11/2

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Or a compression coupler if the pipe needs to be extended. Make sure the pipe is clipped though if you are extending.

4. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

5. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Solvent weld pipe is slightly bigger o/d than push fit waste pipe.
    You can get push fit adaptors for solvent to push fit, or just use a compression fitting as said in above posts. Keep it 1 1/2"

6. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Any makers name on old pipe, could be some from a DIY outlet and for some reason nothing else will fit, same as push fit, some was made with a different kind of plastic so you cant glue onto it ! \so as others have mentioned use the compression type of fitting then this will adept to new size pipe