Search the forum,

Discuss ultracom 30cxi gas valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss123

Gas Engineer
I have been to change a ultracom 30cxi gas valve today and have had trouble setting it up,i fired it up after fitting and co was off the scale, phoned glow-worm and was told to wind the throttle in all the way and the back out 11 times and then adjust maybe up to 15 times, to get the co2 up, I went to 11 times co still off the scale, I checked the old valve and the throttle was wound out 8 times co copied this and with an inlet pressure of 18mb the co was 139ppm co2 8.5 ratio 0.0016 on Hi, just about in spec but would of expected better having just cleaned the hex and fitted a new door seal, the trouble is on low or when modulating down on ch the co2 was only 7.5 and it starts a blowing and farting noise, i tried to adjust the offset(which they state is course so only small adjustments are required) no matter how much i turn it makes no difference to the reading, this is the same with the cover on or off , is the new gas valve faulty or has any one experienced this, any suggestions would be appreciated.
C:\Users\stephen\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
:mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ultracom 30cxi gas valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
hi, I am after some advice, I recently fitted a new gas valve to a vaillant ecotec earlier. the boiler was fitted in 2015 and has been serviced since anyway I put my analyser in the combustion side of the flue and the readings were extremely high, something along the lines of CO ppm —OR—...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Had a issue with a Fluidmaster fill valve plastic 1/2" fitting. After being installed with a B&Q slimline toilet had to keep adjusting as when filling always slightly overflowed. Checking today to ensure no debris was the issue, their was none though right replace unit. However on closer...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock