Search the forum,

Discuss Ultracom 30 cxi gas valve set up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss123

Gas Engineer
I have been to change a ultracom 30cxi gas valve today and have had trouble setting it up,i fired it up after fitting and co was off the scale, phoned glow-worm and was told to wind the throttle in all the way and the back out 11 times and then adjust maybe up to 15 times, to get the co2 up, I went to 11 times co still off the scale, I checked the old valve and the throttle was wound out 8 times co copied this and with an inlet pressure of 18mb the co was 139ppm co2 8.5 ratio 0.0016 on Hi, just about in spec but would of expected better having just cleaned the hex and fitted a new door seal, the trouble is on low or when modulating down on ch the co2 was only 7.5 and it starts a blowing and farting noise, i tried to adjust the offset(which they state is course so only small adjustments are required) no matter how much i turn it makes no difference to the reading, this is the same with the cover on or off , is the new gas valve faulty or has any one experienced this, any suggestions would be appreciated.:mad2:

Thanks in advance

That was the problem on low it would not adjust using the offset as per the Mi.

Is this the one with a circular Gianonni heat exchanger or the ally block with the burner on the top?

Check that the combustion door/cover isn't warped ordeal damaged
-run Fga probe around rim when its running- worth a try

yes check seals are all ok does this have the small silcon one also

Ultracom 2 boilers don't have an adjustable low range. It's weird I know but basically if it's hunting when it modulates back you need to look at increasing the gas on max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ultracom 30 cxi gas valve set up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented cylinder. One of the attic rads is in the same zone as the cylinder so just has a "dumb" TRV on it. The two bathroom rads also remain without TRVs and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock