Search the forum,

Discuss uk plumbers forum weekend away. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyg0507

Just thinking outside my small box here, but i think it would be a great thing to organise a weekend away for all/some forum members, at home or abroad, beers etc..ect..

Would be good to meet people face to face, get away from our industry/ or even talk about our industry.

And surely it would be good advertisment for the forum, as long as were not all to p***ed,

Just a thought:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like a good idea.other forums meet to exchange their opinions/views.

If we're doing it as advertisement/support for the forums does that mean it'll be sponsored?!

Hmm...might be quite hard since we're dotted all over the uk? How would it work?

If we're doing it as advertisement/support for the forums does that mean it'll be sponsored?!

Thats another idea, if we could do an outing that could be sponsered by someone then maybe it could get ukpf some free advertisement, in all hosesty i come on here to interact with other gas engineers/plumbers, and i learn a hell of a lot whilst doing so.

just another thought what about a golf tournement at a central venue? a good friend of mine on here is golf mad and quite good at it, but the only time i can swing a golf club is at a non paying customer, money for winner, ukpf, charity, or another sport, us vs sparksy forum at footie?

Maybe dan can have a word with all his top mates and get a footy stadium booked, involve manufacturers ect??

golf , ill be in the 19th . how it can be classed as a sport when theres no contact involved is beyond me

Sounds like a good idea, I'm sure people getting together and sharing there ideas and thoughts on the industry whilst sipping a few pints can only be a good thing.
Although we'd probably all be gathered in the bogs saying "mmm look at that pipework I wouldn't of done it like that" lol
I like the idea of the footy not sure of the golf absolutely shocking at golf.

Sounds a laugh a minute, a bunch of drunken plumbers arguing over the best way to hang a radiator on a plasterboard wall. Lol

im too busy for this im afraid but i wish you all good luck with it

i look forward to seeing the photos

Can't do anything soon need plenty of notice I have some commercial hotel owners in Blackpool huddsfield harrogate Yarm if there any good

theres as much contact in golf as there is in cricket but less kissing than footie bod?

you must be joking, dodgy knees and over 50's playing football?.lol

bbq at mine ÂŁ10 each bring your own!!!!!!:)

Can't do anything soon need plenty of notice I have some commercial hotel owners in Blackpool huddsfield harrogate Yarm if there any good

If you do a good job maybe you could convince them to put us up free of charge as a bonus??

theres as much contact in golf as there is in cricket but less kissing than footie bod?

you must be joking, dodgy knees and over 50's playing football?.lol

bbq at mine ÂŁ10 each bring your own!!!!!!:)

Why would I want to bring my BBQ to yours? How about I just bring a case of beer!

bbq sounds good but please read the gas safe mag regarding summer bbq's:D, im sure if we planned an event to do something in the near future and gave everyone enough notice we could actaully pull this off?

I'd be up for it but I aint crossing the boarder for a burnt burger and a can of iron bru!

Golf? What? 50 Plumbers playing with their balls!

I can imagine the tee off. First plumber will take his shot, next ten plumbers will offer an opinion, but only the TA's will get their answers taken seriously. Deja Vu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am up for it, providing its not in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, isle of man, isle of white, Gurnsey or any chanel island, actually anywhere north of the watford gap or south of the river.........:devilish:

Oh thats the River Thames.

I am up for it, providing its not in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, isle of man, isle of white, Gurnsey or any chanel island, actually anywhere north of the watford gap or south of the river.........:devilish:

So we're all coming to your house then.:party:

I'm up for meeting up. Maybe we should organise a camping trip somewhere?

golf , ill be in the 19th . how it can be classed as a sport when theres no contact involved is beyond me

I will sit with you in the bar, golf, its a compete waste of a walk, however a sponsored bevvy, now we're talking

A fishing and camping trip and I'm up for it. I'll bring the LWB Transit for the beer.

Mase well of mentioned the rest of britain, you were nearly there

your running out of hiding places then, time to give yourself in and go quietly.lol

what about the Midlands,thats central to everyone except Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to uk plumbers forum weekend away. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock