Search the forum,

Discuss UFH Problems - pipes hot even though Thermostats are off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hope you can help.

We have had a problem with our UFH which was ultimately traced to an electrical issue. We have had a new electrical control unit installed and all seemed okay (we had heat!) although we haven't been able to control the heat. The rooms that the pipes run through from the boiler to the manifold are pumping heat out uncontrollably.

I have turned all the thermostats off (a couple of days ago) and all the heads on the valves are down. The pipes to the manifold are all hot but there is no heat going to each room (as the valves are shut and the pump is dormant).

I'm struggling to get my head around why the boiler is pumping heat to the manifold if there is no demand? Could this be a fault with the UFH valve at the boiler (which is open despite there being no demand)? I say open as the pipe is hot both before and after the valve.

Hope you can help.

Haaz

I would say wired wrongly if it's still wanting heat

Reply to UFH Problems - pipes hot even though Thermostats are off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full renovation and am currently designing the central heating system, I’m installing radiators (11 or 12 in total) and am going to run each rad from its...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
I am doing heavy house renovation and want to have ufh (multizone) at the ground floor and radiators on upper floors. I want to have consistent controls, with manifolds feeding both the ufh loops and radiators, and the same type thermostats controlling both (depending on the room, the...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock