Search the forum,

Discuss U16 meter - 2 combi boilers - meter about 25 meters away from house! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_d_o_t

Gas Engineer
hi guys,
got called to look at a job yesterday, big house being converted into 2 flats on one meter but the meter is about 25-30 meters away from the house in a meter housing away from the property. the pipework at the meter is in 35mm and pops up in 22mm in the house, and i have no idea where reduces.

the current boiler is a system boiler, i think they are going to struggle to get one combi, let alone 2!

what would you suggest?

thanks d.o.t

yer but i imagine national grid will charge a lot for that! ha
I'm thinking other option to have 2 unvented system boilers for there lower gas rate or
one combi with the flats zoned off with programable thermostats to each one providing the water supply is efficient.

whats happening to the flats? being sold? rented? who will be paying the gas bills?

maybe 2 secondary meters external by front door.

Send your gsr details to redsaw or gas man to get into the private gas forum where it should be asked!!

have you got your commercial?
you're well outside the domestic remit.

you could do a poly run under ground in a bigger size for both or one and reuse the current one, trace it and bump upto 28mm
you want secondary meters and AECV's with suitable labelling too!

Two system boilers are a good idea but i would extend the run all the way in 35mm then!

could do a single large system, two unvented's and heat meter the lot but increasing the gas run is a far better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to U16 meter - 2 combi boilers - meter about 25 meters away from house! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock