Search the forum,

Discuss U gauge storage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just got a nice box with some new tools in the post got my first U gauge now faced with where/how to store it I'm not really doing loads of gas work at the moment, but enough to not take it out the van but don't want to keep it in my box with all my other gear
So how do you all keep/store your gas tools/equipment thanks

When using my own van it hangs on a screw In the end of the racking when I subby for a shop fitting firm (about half the time) I go with there lads and I keep it in my hot bag surrounded by the blowlamps and spare gas that keeps it up right

Hang mine up on the van racking, FGA comes in every night without fail and goes in my glass cabinet too.

It true. We make more money selling glass cabinets, gilt frames and silk cushions than we do selling skirting ladders, sky hooks and tartan paint.

Long stands, on the other hand, are still a favourite.

It true. We make more money selling glass cabinets, gilt frames and silk cushions than we do selling skirting ladders, sky hooks and tartan paint.

You forgot Tartan paint.

Tartan; Scottish pattern. Kilts and stuff.

Right. OK.

Speaks v e r y s l o w l y

H e l l o L e o.

W o u l d y o u l i k e t o r e a d m y p o s t a g a i n ?

the first thing i do when i get a new u gauge is cover it in dirt for 2 weeks so you can hardly see the water level. That way i dont notice the difference to the last one :)

Anybody use a digital Gauge for tightness tests? If so any good ones that you would recommend?

I tend to use my Kane analyser for tightness tests now. Not sure why but it seems a nice way to do it and very accurate.

In case Anyones Interested i sorted my storage out DSC_0574.jpg
And another vote for dealt though box's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to U gauge storage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've had a spate of low pressure issues recently. MWP @ about 17.5mb Centrica engineers are a special breed but I couldn't take being told again that I was wrong so I asked the last one to prove the pressure was OK. The guy quite confidently passed me his basic u-gauge to confirm my digital one...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass. But the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock