Search the forum,

Discuss Two port valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im preparing to clean out my ch system followed by a flush and refill with inhibitor.

After ive added a suitable system cleaner and am ready to circulate it around the system. Which position should my 2 port valves be set to?

For reference, the system is a fully pumped s plan.

Open or leave it a week on normal operation

1st it depends what cleaner you have put into system, have you read the instructions, if your using a basic cleaner these are only any good for new systems, or fairly clean ones, if your system is over 5 years or very dirty your better with a heavy duty cleaner.

The system is not very dirty and im using
Fernox f3 to clean.

Instructions say to circulate for a minimum of 1 hour up to one week max
But doesnt mention the recomend port valve postion

To circulate they would be open as you have to call for heat and hot water if not that dirty then just run for a few hours or you could just leave it in for the week and run it 2 or 3 hours a day.

The system is not very dirty and im using
Fernox f3 to clean.

Instructions say to circulate for a minimum of 1 hour up to one week max
But doesnt mention the recomend port valve postion

I would run it for a day with heating and hot water on

Valve will open on its own when you run system, 1hr is ok for new system that has just been installed, leave in yours for the max time but run system a couple of hrs. a day on max temp.

Run the system flat out boiler on max then drain the system valves locked open , add your cleaner and refill and vent unlock valves run again how long you leave it is up to you 2 hours minimum 6 hours is enough , drain and flush again as above inhibitor in fill vent run up again switch off vent again job done will take you all day to do properly . Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Two port valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve recently cleaned my central heating system with Sentinel X400 cleaner, flushed it out clear, refilled & added Sentinel X100 inhibitor. After a couple of months, I went to the loft to check the feed & expansion tank, open the lid, there’s some kind of white/yellowish fungus/growth floating...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First Post on here. I am hoping someone can help with the below. I have mounted 2 new rads to a recent extention we have had. The rads are not connected up to the heating system which is a combi fed system. I thought it would be good practice to clean, flush, refill and use an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock