Search the forum,

Discuss Two boiler install:- PRV location. (Pictures) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you a 3rd year harry ????

Haha, I know with the dust... but I don't mind going around with a cloth and some brasso

Im hoping to get all of the wires into the adhesive conduit like I have done with some of it.. I ran out as I only ordered 1 length.. doh...

been doing this since I left school at 18, didn't fancy Uni so got a trade and haven't looked back! I'm 21 now.

Im going to run the pump live behind pipes and in conduit as i can forsee a towel being hung on it and getting a call to NO CH/HW as the pump has been un plugged...

Im going to run the pump live behind pipes and in conduit as i can forsee a towel being hung on it and getting a call to NO CH/HW as the pump has been un plugged...

Wire going to be long enough and how did you like the pump plug :D

Iv done quite a few of the new pumps tbh, they seem to be copying the region 5 way connectors in a way.

solving a problem that never existed...

Yep but can be a pain sometimes like the old grund not enough space in cable retainer

Tbh mate you have done very well you had any help ?

Tbh mate you have done very well you had any help ?

Thanks, not had any hands on help other than the kind advice on here.

Iv done a tonne of boiler swaps, my normal day to day is service and repair so I get to see good and bad installs of other people.

its been a nice change doing this.

Only 3 years in and you are producing work like that! Very nice. Fair play to you for doing such a nice job and also for asking advice where needed.

You, and whoever taught you should be proud.

Only 3 years in and you are producing work like that! Very nice. Fair play to you for doing such a nice job and also for asking advice where needed.

You, and whoever taught you should be proud.

Thanks, I was apprentice with one of the best guys in our area, and Iv been doing bits and bobs with my dad since I was about 7

Got the flues in today, took a while because of the old victorian crumbly walls...

Finished the conduit off and wired the permanent live in from switch fuse spare (which turned out to be faulty after an hour of testing...)

Tommorow Ill be finishing off! , got a lad coming to commision the unvented first thing so we can sign it off!

Got the flues in today, took a while because of the old victorian crumbly walls...

Finished the conduit off and wired the permanent live in from switch fuse spare (which turned out to be faulty after an hour of testing...)

Tommorow Ill be finishing off! , got a lad coming to commision the unvented first thing so we can sign it off!

all lies unless you have pics :D

https://m.************/MCSHeating/p...5958911810619/?type=3&source=48&ref=bookmarks

https://m.************/MCSHeating/p...5962741810236/?type=3&source=48&ref=bookmarks

and why did you tape the joints? and are you using plume mag kits?

and own up who cored the holes first and didnt double check :D

also hope you got short probes on the fga

and why did you tape the joints? and are you using plume mag kits?

Yes two plume management kits, Im just in the habit of doing it for some reason, I have screwed them aswell but I just like the extra assurance that its held with tape aswell!

Of course it shouldnt go anywhere with the bracket but I can imagine things being hung from it..

and own up who cored the holes first and didnt double check :D

also hope you got short probes on the fga

The problem with the first core on the right was that the customer had fitted a bracket to support the lintel? But didnt tell me so i hit it bang on... Had to move over a couple of inches.

The second flue on the right was my cock up haha..

Yes two plume management kits, Im just in the habit of doing it for some reason, I have screwed them aswell but I just like the extra assurance that its held with tape aswell!

Of course it shouldnt go anywhere with the bracket but I can imagine things being hung from it..

if you have screwed it and has brackets , it wont go any where mate , my opinion just makes the installation look meh as the kids would say (but dont try and remove it will make it worse) something for future tho

Last edited:
The problem with the first core on the right was that the customer had fitted a bracket to support the lintel? But didnt tell me so i hit it bang on... Had to move over a couple of inches.

The second flue on the right was my cock up haha..

well things happen least the boilers look like new and not covered in dust hats off to you for that

if you have screwed it and has brackets , it wont go any where mate , my opinion just makes the installation look meh as the kids would say (but dont try and remove it will make it worse) something for future tho

Never mind ;) at least i can sleep easy

Managed to get dust sheets tucked behind all the shiny stuff.

you would be surprised how many dont and you take the old boiler off and half a kilo of dust falls down

you would be surprised how many dont and you take the old boiler off and half a kilo of dust falls down

Yeah, you normally find half a tonne of cement that didnt go in the flue hole aswell...

Did you notice that I have altered the condensate under the RHS boiler and taken an elbow off it.. Looked a bit gash

Yeah, you normally find half a tonne of cement that didnt go in the flue hole aswell...

Did you notice that I have altered the condensate under the RHS boiler and taken an elbow off it.. Looked a bit gash

course i did you cant get much past me :D also hope the pumps not pumping with no water in ;)

just think 37 days to go

Pump was on for about 5 mins whilst testing:p nabbed the fuse so customer cant play overnight ... Hes an engineer you know. ;)

arnt they all (but they would blame you for blowing the pump/ o that pumps not working, it was before)

soon be an old man with a zimmer telling all the we ones how it was in your day :D

The best one is 'it was working fine until you serviced it'

'Im sorry mrs customer but your plate heat exchanger would not become blocked by me servicing your boiler'

No your right mrs customer, I purposely stripped your boiler in the 45-60mins i was here and lodged some **** in your p2p for a laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Two boiler install:- PRV location. (Pictures) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock