Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Turbo siphon half flush problem in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. SteveE

SteveE New Member

Recently fitted an adjustable Turbo 88 in my toilet, after my last siphon gave out. Full flush works really well (9L level) but holding the handle down- half flush only works occasionally (mostly goes on to do full flush) and there's no logic to when it does. We have a water meter and so I'd really like it to work as it says it will (though will be using full flush too). I've read several reviews and these siphons seem very good. Is there something obvious I should check that would stop reduced flush working or do you think I have just been unlucky and got a faulty siphon? The refill valve is not hitting c-link, which is the only thing the instructions say.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Do you want it to half flush all the time ?

3. SteveE

SteveE New Member

No I'd like it to do both. I forgot to say water level is at marked cistern height - 8 inches and spill over set just above it. I read half flush relies on 2 washers on top of piston rod, but I'm not clear what they need to do for it to work.

4. ShaunCorbs

Normally they come pre set so you can use the half flush

Any chance you can take the handle off and use the c clip manual for a test ? (Just pull and hold the c clip vertically)

Does half a flush work all the time ?

5. SteveE

SteveE New Member

Just tried it. No it doesn't work goes on to do full flush.
    The washer to convert to single flush is still on the side and has 2 washers on top of piston rod as described so as far as I can tell it's set for dual flush.

6. ShaunCorbs

That is strange

7. SteveE

SteveE New Member

In reviews many people are happy with dual flush option on this so sounds like it usually works. One mentioned top 2 valves separating and causing this problem (they glued them together) another one mentioned lowering water level 1.5cm which fixed this on both his toilets (I tried that but made no difference). Do you find half flush usually works?

8. SteveE

SteveE New Member

I'm as sure as I can be it's been fitted correctly (with the full flush working it suggests it is) and with so many happy customers I can only think I have an odd faulty one where the half flush isnt right- though I can't quite see how if it's just the 2 washers that make it work.

9. ShaunCorbs

long shot but try removing the rubber washer (under the plastic hard one)

Normally fit and forget, I've fitted hundreds in commercial buildings and only had one problem

10. SteveE

SteveE New Member

Thanks for suggestion. I've just tried that, but still doing the same thing. Full flush almost like washer makes no difference.

11. ShaunCorbs

Sorry I can't be of more help might be worth giving dudley a call

12. SteveE

SteveE New Member

Thanks for trying to help, yes will call them. Do you know if half flush relies on that washer sealing correctly- is that how it works?

13. ShaunCorbs

Shouldn't seal on half flush but seal on full

14. Jones82

Jones82 Member

You have to hold the handle down for a good 5 seconds, literally until it stops flushing, I've never liked turbo siphons for this reason and usually fit a push button flush valve instead, although the buttons can look a little ugly on the front of a lever cistern.

15. ShaunCorbs

for a half flush yes