Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to contact Barry Boud (Plumbers) ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have an Alpha boiler in my property which was fitted by Barry Boud (Plumbers) Ltd, based in Ipswich. My property was a new build so I didn't arrange the boiler fitting myself. I found out recently that the boiler was installed poorly and the pipe has started to leak. The problem is the phone number for Barry Boud (Plumbers) ltd as listed online (01473 259097) is no longer in service.

Has anyone had any dealing with this company and knows of an alternative contact number? From what Alpha told me, the name of the owner is Martin Peck (or Pack).

Thanks

Nick

Think the company folded / not trading any more

Your best bet is to contact the builders but good luck

The property was sold to you by the Builder.
They are responsible for any issues and for arranging repairs by others if the original Plumber is not around anymore.

How old is the property?

What was poorly fitted?
Where is the leak?
Any chance of a picture?

If the boiler is leaking, then contact Alpha who may do a warranty repair!

The property was sold to you by the Builder.
They are responsible for any issues and for arranging repairs by others if the original Plumber is not around anymore.

How old is the property?

I bought the property from Bloor Homes as a new build in June 2014, so it's over 3 years old now and outside the builders warranty period. Although I will probably try my luck and contact them anyway!

If the boiler is leaking, then contact Alpha who may do a warranty repair!

I contacted Alpha and they sent an engineer out, but he told me that the problem was not inside the boiler but the pipe leading up to it, which is not covered under the warranty as it is an installation issue.

Well, put your hand in your pocket and pay a GSR guy to put it right,

Why not contact NHBC if it's anew build as you have a ten year guarantee with them

You have a leak on installation pipework after 3 years?? Not a chance anyone will be returning to fix that for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trying to contact Barry Boud (Plumbers) ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock