Search the forum,

Discuss Trouble removing plug release/ overflow cover. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

38153360-5964-41FF-ABC0-310354D6DB30.jpeg

I can’t seem to remove this plug release/ overflow cover. I need to tighten the screw which makes the plug pop up, there is no access through the cover, I have tried prying it off and twisting it, am I missing something obvious or just need more brute force? When I apply pressure it does pull on the wall of the bath which I do not want to break. Thanks in advance.

A4A92D10-34EA-4646-9E5D-F24F22FD50BB.jpeg I managed to get it off the cover off with some wiggling and soap but now it seems there is. I tightening screw, is this fixable or do I need to replace the whole lot? Cheers

if your plug is not raising and lowering there may be two things the plug will have a longish bolt with lock nut this may have come loose and just needs the length adjusting and the locknut tightened, or the mechanism has broken dwon at the waste and you will need to change the whole mechanism unless it can be repaired.

I’ve seen online there is a little screw in the thread to make the plug mechanism work which works loose sometimes, the picture I posted is how the thread is all the way round.
The screw if you have one will be inside the part you have removed. If it isn’t you probably need a whole new kit. Turn the brass spindle by hand and shine a torch into the plug hole with the plug removed and see if you can see the paddle lifting up and down. If not you have your answer

The screw if you have one will be inside the part you have removed. If it isn’t you probably need a whole new kit. Turn the brass spindle by hand and shine a torch into the plug hole with the plug removed and see if you can see the paddle lifting up and down. If not you have your answer
Cheers, there’s no movement and you can feel it almost catching when you turn the release so I reckon it sounds like the whole lot needs changing. Cheers for your answers guys.

Reply to Trouble removing plug release/ overflow cover. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the tap off to clean the cartridges, but cant get the sphere at the end off there. Looking at the diagram, it seems that you should be able to pop the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
Has anyone seen tap heads like these? Trawled the internet cannot find anything similar, after removing the grub screw I cannot for the life of me lift the tap head off tried prying with screwdriver but too scared to use excessive force and break the tap
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Firstly, I already have a fair idea of what I need to do to fix the problem (I hope plunging will fix it, I just need to buy one), I would just like to know what sort of thing can suddenly obstruct the pipe that my bath drains to. The problem... Normally someone can have a bath and then pull...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock