Search the forum,

Discuss Trouble pressuring a boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jack88

Hey all, first off thanks for looking at this.

I'm having trouble getting the pressure up on my Chaffoteaux minima mx2 30ff boiler.

I can't seem to get water running into it no matter what I do and i'm sitting at around 0.5 on the pressure meter.

I've uploaded an image of the filling loop, filling taps and cold water tap as they were at installation. Could someone please tell me where to go from here as nothing I do seems to get water flowing to increase pressure.

Many thanks in advance.

Jack

IMG_20170504_221244.jpg

is there an outside pipe below the flue ish dripping?

The cold feed to the boiler looks like it is isolated also. Possibly turned off when trying to get the filling loop to work.

is there an outside pipe below the flue ish dripping?

Sorry could you elaborate?

Right hand filling loop valve needs opening aswell.

I've opened the second filler loop valve. That image is just from how it was after installation.

What about the larger one, slightly to the right of that one?

This seems to be open but looking at manuals for the boiler this would be the cold water valve so i'm confused why it's open. I've switched it but no difference at all. There doesn't seem to be any noticeable change when opening or closing any of these 3 valves.

The cold feed to the boiler looks like it is isolated also. Possibly turned off when trying to get the filling loop to work.

I think the cold feed is the issue, isolated or open there's no water from it. Any thoughts?

I think the cold feed is the issue, isolated or open there's no water from it. Any thoughts?

Some of the valves maybe not actually opening when lever turned to open position.
Or built in check valve faulty.
Needs tested by checking if flow of water at any valve

Can you hear water flowing? is there pressure when bleeding upstairs radiators? if so, could be dirt in the pressure valve stopping it from registering correct pressure. Was system cleansed and flushed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trouble pressuring a boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock