Search the forum,

Discuss Triton shower not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a plumber install a new triton Alicante shower but it seems not to be working properly. The 1/2 inch pipe was taken of the mains (see pics) , down and under the floor then up the wall. Electric connected with right cable. We tried to commission the shower by turning it on cold then turning it up. There's a sound coming from the shower but nothing like what it should IMO. There's water flowing but nothing major. Does anyone know what the problem could be. Was it it for an hour but still the same as first tried it!

IMG_20170126_164933.jpg

Last edited:
Does this type of triton have an electrical ribbon from the cover to the shower? Is it connected?

When you say "gravity fed heating system system fitted with expansion vessel"? Do you mean vented system converted to sealed! :s

Are you sure that it is plumbed into the mains, and not into the cylinder feed pipe coming from the hot water header tank? That would result in a very poor flow of water for an electric shower.

This is getting vfed from the black pipe feeding the heating system and cold water tank in Attic. I can see the cylinder feed pipe with a gate valve coming down the wall feeding the bottom of the cylinder.

You have possibly connected into the cold feed to the cylinder from the header tank in the loft, gate valves are not used on mains water supply trace your pipe work again will not work as it is

Think he means guys black pipe is the mains going upto the cwst in the loft also either an f and e tank in the loft or filling loop with expansion vessel

that picture of the pipework worries me a lot, i would change pretty much everything you see there, looks very DIY and prone to problems

Think he means guys black pipe is the mains going upto the cwst in the loft also either an f and e tank in the loft or filling loop with expansion vessel

Yes that's correct. If you look at the picture, the black pipe is the mains going up to feed the water tank up in the attic. Its T'd off to the heating system where the expansion vessel is connected to. Then plumber connected onto this mains to shower.

that picture of the pipework worries me a lot, i would change pretty much everything you see there, looks very DIY and prone to problems

Why's that tom! This is in a very tight hotpress and the only place for it tbh. I'm very curious as to where you'd change it. Both the shower and heating needs taken of the mains so where and how would you change it. What is it that worries you. Are the connections too close together. Im wondering how you would do it differently

Why's that tom! This is in a very tight hotpress and the only place for it tbh. I'm very curious as to where you'd change it. Both the shower and heating needs taken of the mains so where and how would you change it. What is it that worries you. Are the connections too close together. Im wondering how you would do it differently

Think he means more the materials used plastic pipe and compression fittings

Agree. Would have more faith in a compression fitting in there than some fartty speed fit one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Triton shower not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, After years of using a pumped electric shower (Triton t80 pumped), it's now dying and I'd like to replace it with a 'normal' mixer shower running off the vented hot water tank as this is now largely heated by solar PV . When we first moved to the house there was a shower head coming off the...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock