Search the forum,

Discuss TRIANCO TSO add water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oldboiler

Hi

Im not a plumber but need help if anyone can advise will be most grateful.

We have moved into old house and it has a trianco TSO. Has just had a 'service' and been advised it should be upgraded (tell me something I dont know!). When we first moved in all radiators worked and so did hot water. Then had a radiator leak and only upstairs and a couple of downstairs rads would get hot. Had another leak from bad valve downstairs and the service done, but now only hot water works, no heating.

My feeling is that the water pressure is too low due to leak. However I have zero idea how to add water to this system. Theres no gauge on or around the boiler (situated in garage below house ). It has the following pump:

https://www.colglo.co.uk/product.php?product=GRUNP1052

The pump is upside down

There are two water tanks in loft

I will try to attach some pics.

If any help out there on this id be grateful. I am waiting for gas to be brought to the house next month then new boiler will go in but pretty cold in here til then and i wondered if i might be able to fix.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20151010_104604.jpg
    20151010_104604.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20151010_104520.jpg
    20151010_104520.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20151010_104246.jpg
    20151010_104246.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 18
seems your blaming the boiler but all the problems stem from leaks around the house, be careful if you are just going to do a boiler swap as you will still have the same issues.

Its an open vented system. If theres no water in it then either the inlet valve on the header tank is stuck closed or the cold feed connection on the system is choked up with magnetite.

Thank you both for replies, makes sense now ref being open vented why I cant figure out how to add water. Will investigate further!

The pump head being upside down is irrelevant, it's easily turn around, but wont make the pump work any differently.
It's the pump body underneath that has to be correctly orientated.

Go up into your loft.
Inside the smaller of your two tanks will be a ball valve. This will be jammed in the off position and the tank will be empty.
Grab the ball valve lever and move it up and down to free it. The system will then fill.

Thanks Chalked (and others), it was indeed stuck but had a bit of water left. I guess thats why I had issues with rads before they all stopped getting warm completely. In my original post I said the hot water is OK, turns out the immersion was in fact on (and must have been since we moved in) I just couldnt see the switch as its well hidden. Silly oversight I know. I have since gone down to the boiler and its not actually firing. I bled the fuel line and theres no air in there. Plenty of fuel in tank.

Think I'm now at the point I need to get someone out again unless theres anything else I can do to get the thing firing? At least I know it will have sufficient water in there now, just need it to fire up!

The boiler not firing is due to manual overheat thermostat tripping. This will be located on the underside of the panel containing the boiler thermostat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRIANCO TSO add water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock