Search the forum,

Discuss Trianco tro mk3 starts then after a while it turns to lock out?! Why ahhhhhhh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've serviced a Trianco tro mk3,oil boiler. Replaced the correct nozzle to manufacturers instructions and the eletrodes are measured correctly under manufacturers instructions. Cleaned out the baffles and wipe the photocell clean. Correct the oil pressure to 116 psi. Done my flue anyliser test which is fine. I replaced a new control box but it still goes to lock out? Any other reasons how to sort out this problem?
without telling the customer a replacement boiler is a good start. Ha.

im apprentices working along with my journeyman and I'm keen to learn and I would like to impress him on Monday morning with some solutions to sort out this problem.

I'd be appreciate for everyone's knowledge and experience.ta

Was it working before the service or was it a service and repair?

Did you clean or replace filters?
put them back in the right position?
some filters upside down can stop oil flow.
or replace the flexi hoses?
are they kinked into position?

could be oil starvation.

and is the blast tube in the correct position?

The same problem before I replaced the control box.
i never changed the oil filters could that be the problem?

Flexi hoses are fine. The tank is running low of oil. The customer says it's been going on to lock out for a while. What do you mean blast tube in correct position?
ta

Is it sparking, is photo cell working ok? What made you change control box?

Basically how longs the piece of string.

I wouldnt be happy if I had you in and left my boiler not working over the weekend.

Appreciate your keeness, but you need to walk before you run.

How long before going to lockout?

How did you fga it?

We're going to get you answering this yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't doing the service by myself my journey man was doing it I was just watching.
after commission the oil pressure and flue gases everything was reading correctly so by replacing a new control box seemed an idea. Now I think that May not have been the problem?
i think now the oil tank was running low so i think the oil filters would be a good start and indication to why it's going to lock out. All the dirt at the bottom of the tank could be entering into the oil line? replace with new ones?

How long to hit temperature? Ask yourself, what's heating up on the burner?

Has the lockout become more frequent?

Intermittent faults are never as easy as when the boiler just stops dead :)

do you mean locking out or tripping limit stat? after you saying once it reaches temp.......

I take it you checked the solenoid coil?

Is the boiler locking out or is it the temp limit stat that's tripping?

Why did you change the control box? Did it not go through the correct firing sequence? Did you check it for the correct firing sequence and faults using a multimeter or were you just guessing? Not going to impress the boss (or a customer) if you changed it unnecessarily! Usually if that's bust, the boiler won't fire at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco tro mk3 starts then after a while it turns to lock out?! Why ahhhhhhh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock