Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Discuss Trianco TRO ignition generator query in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. loanheadhouse

loanheadhouse New Member

Hello all. And merry Christmas to you all.

Trianco TRO 28/32 approx. 30 years old. Recent burner lock out problems identified as caused by no spark. [proved by lack of spark noise yet wet around nozzle.]
    Set electrodes too close together as temporary fix. now achieving 11.9% CO2 and CO at 12ppm and 30.9% excess air.so all well when running but need to address weak spark issue. ps electrodes and leads not shorting out anywhere.

The ignition generator is the original May & Christie unit. [all other burner parts have been replaced over time].

My question: where do I get one? can anyone suggest an equivalent?

thanks in advance for replies

• Like Like x 1