Discuss Trianco TRO 20/25 - New but noisy EOGB pump motor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TransitTrucker

I have an old but perfectly working Trianco Oil Fired Boiler. It works perfectly well but it wakes me up in the mornings when it comes on. It isn't the burner jet noise but a bearing noise from the electric pump motor.:builder:

This is a new motor (6 months) and made the noise from new. It is an EOGB part with a prt number of M02-1-90-09.

I have an engineer's stethoscope so I wandered all over the burner to identify the source of the noise. Now, based on the noise gradient it comes from the bearing in the motor's end cap. That is by far the noisiest spot. As you move the stethoscope away from that area the noise decreases.

It seems to be at a frequency that manages to resonate pipes and vibrate upstairs just about where my bed is. I could move the bed but the room is a bit limited in space, should we say.

Now, I don't know whether this make of motor is noisy or whether I have a duff part. I wonder if anyone can chip in with advice or a suggestion (not too rude, I hope) and help me get a full night's sleep.:wink_smile:

Well it's not working perfectly if it's running how you describe.

Get a competent engineer who can resolve your issue and check the combustion with the necessary test gear.

Doesn`t Meady live that area? Or is it somebody else?

Hi,

It was this area's most competent boiler engineer who fitted it. He has been back to check it as well. This boiler was service by his dad before the son took over the work. The burner is running perfectly well. It is just that the damned pump motor is noisy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trianco TRO 20/25 - New but noisy EOGB pump motor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back