Search the forum,

Discuss Trevi shower help?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Henno82

Hi All, new member here and looking for possible help or guidence, I have a job with a customer coming up where he has a Trevi A2158AA thermostatic shower, the problem he has no hot water coming out from this and Trevi have been no help at all. I have said to him that without looking at it properly it could be a few things the 1) it could be just limescale blocking the hot pipe 2) it could be a faulty cartidge or possibly the gear mechanism could be faulty, do you guys have any possible soloutions or thoughts on what could be wrong??

Thanks

Rob

does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
How old is the shower and what system is it on?

Has this only just started to be an issue or has it always been like this since install?

Hi Tom,

The customer has had this shower for 2 years and has told me that the problem only started around 4 months ago but has been intermittant with the hot water going on and off but now it has stopped altogether and is just cold, he did tell me that he had another plumber in a while ago to have a look at it and the previous plumber had put a new boiler in for the customer who said it may clear when it was installed. I do not know what system it is on as i haven't been round to look at it yet as my appointment with him is tomorrow, i'm really just trying to get a sound idea so i'm not wasting my time and my customers time when dealing with it.

Could be a number of things,

1) Blocked inlet/outlet filters on shower itself.
2) Crushed hot water supply pipe (diy accident)
3) cartridge is damaged/worn
4) possible airlock in pipework
5) if its supplied by a pump, the hoses on the pump or the filters on the pump could need looking at, hoses dont last as long as copper!
6) Has he done any other work to the plumbing system whatsoever!!!!!!
7) Airlock in the pump itself maybe!!!

Good luck mate, hope this helps:)

Heinz, my customer has said no other work except for the boiler had been done, from what i gather from speaking to him on the phone that there isn't a pump for the shower so i can possibly rule that out, i have suggested that the cartridge could be faulty and that he is still covered on parts by Ideal/Trevi, i have thought about an airlock from the hot inlet so that could be a goer, i guess i'm going to have to strip it down to clean the filters and see if the inlet is blocked by some debris or another, thanks for your input and hopefully i'll let you all know the outcome tomorrow!!

trevi boost works with cold mains and gravity hot iirc - has the plumber changed the system from a vented to a pressurised? ie conventional boiler to a combi? otherwise id be looking down the route of a blockage or knackered cartridge. check to see if its piped up right also - a lot of these are just thrown in with no regard to where the pipes come from or are run.

Cheers, i have been round there and stripped the thing but there was no blockage and i cleared the pipes in case of an airlock and we managed to get a bit of warm water and i mean only a bit!! could this be a cartridge problem which is causing the lack of hw?? as for the boiler i am not sure if the previous plumber has changed these as the customer had no idea what they had before, however when i went upstairs in the loft to isolate the supply there were pipe runs everywhere capped off anf the supply to the shower is all speed fit until you reach the shower where there are copper pipes leading to the shower. TBH the whole thing looks a mess and i am fast running out of possible remedies.

Hi there, now that you have eliminated certain problems, i would strip out the cartridge have a look and take it from there. If its under waranty, order a new one as its not going to cost you or the customer by the sounds of it. Check for scale on the shower head as well as the shower itself, take it off and soak it in cillit bang for about an hour then retest. Let us know how you get on mate!!!:)

Hi there, now that you have eliminated certain problems, i would strip out the cartridge have a look and take it from there. If its under waranty, order a new one as its not going to cost you or the customer by the sounds of it. Check for scale on the shower head as well as the shower itself, take it off and soak it in cillit bang for about an hour then retest. Let us know how you get on mate!!!:)

Will do cheers Heinz

Hi Henno, how's it going with the Trevi? is it sorted or are you still having probs mate?:D

I have eliminated some of the problems but now i'm waiting for the customer to come back to me on what he wants to do next, so i'll let you know as soon as i do haha:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trevi shower help?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity fed, loft cold water tank and airing cupboard hot water tank. Occasionally the pump operates for a couple of seconds without demand for water. More...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock