Search the forum,

Discuss trainee plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danquinn28

Hi I'm in stoke on trent I would like to know if there is anyone in the plumbing trade in the area who is willing to let me work with them one day a week to get some experience on the job I am currently doing a at home course but for one month I have to attend one of their center's for the practical side and I think that this is enough but I would prefer a bit more experience before even attempting anything alone if there is anyone in stoke on trent willing to give me a try it would be appreciated I am a quick learner and I would not expect a high rate of pay as I am a trainee

Thank you Dan

Welcome along Dan, but you better get in the queue behind the ones offering to work for nowt.

I guessed there would be a lot of people after experience but I am just putting myself out there thank you for replying

So after doing a home study course and 1Mth in a training center are you expecting to be a plumber and go out working in peoples homes ?? Sorry you have more chance becomeing the pope !!

That is the reason I want experience with a company or sole trader to get more experience in the trade

its very hard to get into. when i was 18 i done a 2 year gas course and gained my nvq level 2 in domestic gas installations and have done a 2 week block course to gain plumbing experience to go with my gas and gained a level 2 in expanding pipework skills. i worked for a white goods retailer but got a job with a central heating firm but only a few months in i lots my job due to recession and had to go back to fitting white goods again. been in the situation for 4 years now and stil struggling to get back into it. i am qualified to go on my own but in my mind id rather get more confidence and experience before i get into customers houses.

hey dan, i am looking to do this 6 week home study course to gain my 6129 and then try to find work with a company to gain experience, how are you finding the course? do you reckon its worth it?

thanks

6 week home study.... Makes me laugh! Try 4 year apprenticeship. Dont waste your money, you might as well buy plumbing books as you'll learn alot more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trainee plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Any Gas Engineer available to take me on as a trainee, live close by whitechapel, I am a quick learner just need someone to teach me the ropes/ Thanks
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a career change, currently working as a Mechanical Design engineer and have done so for the past 10 years, I'm now 27 years old and looking for a trainee/plumbers mate role while I obtain the required qualifications. I have designed and fully fitted out a bathroom and two...
Replies
Views
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is fundraising to restore a local pub into a community hub (and also a pub). The pub which is The Hop Pole in Limpley Stoke is in the middle of the village and it's been closed for about 4 years but the local community have raised enough money to buy it...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to jobs. I would be happy to observe and support where possible. I am now working towards completing and submitting my portfolio. I understand that this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock