Search the forum,

Discuss Trainee looking for a heating and plumbing apprenticeship desperately!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raj

Hi all,

I have been looking for an apprenticeship or trainee placement for nearly 3 years now. I have sent out my CV to so many companies, advertised in plumbers merchants, applied for apprenticeships on the national website. Basically I have done everything I can to get into the trade but I get nothing. I have a level 2 in plumbing (only the tech certificate) and domestic experience. I have electrical experience and I've also been on a boiler course with IDEAL. I live in West London, Ealing. I am willing to travel as I have my own car. I will travel to Berkshire, Surrey, Oxford. I have my own tools. My pipework skills are excellent. I will go to evening classes if I get an employer for my level 3 and gas safe registration.

Guys anything will help. If you are looking for a hard working trainee or if you can recommend a company that takes on trainees please please please help me!!!!

Cheers.

Raj

You've been on a boiler course with Ideal, but only have a level 2 tech certificate? Sorry, I don't get it.

You've been on a boiler course with Ideal, but only have a level 2 tech certificate? Sorry, I don't get it.

I know a guy from work who took me on to this course on his gas safe ticket. And yes I have already asked him and no he doesn't take on trainees

Welcome to the forum @Raj good luck with the search, have a look on the British Gas website, they take on trainees sometimes

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres too many people training to be plumbers which they hardly get a job. Plumbers are 1 of the most common jobs nowadays, there was a shortage few years back so literally everyone had been training and now the industry is overcome with too many! Businesses are going down, cowboy plumbing is going up. Plumbers wage going down, some self employed plumbers in my area work for ÂŁ8.50 a hour :|

Theres too many people training to be plumbers which they hardly get a job. Plumbers are 1 of the most common jobs nowadays, there was a shortage few years back so literally everyone had been training and now the industry is overcome with too many! Businesses are going down, cowboy plumbing is going up. Plumbers wage going down, some self employed plumbers in my area work for ÂŁ8.50 a hour :|

I understand where you are coming from but it depends on thr area your working in right? I live in london and I know of companies that pay ÂŁ30-ÂŁ50 an hour which is obviously no good to me at present lol thanks fpr the comment anyway

@raj I know Able Group are recruiting at the mo! not sure if I can put their no on here so best I don't...

They work on a 50/50 split with the money plus parts used don't know anymore but Good Luck and with L2 you'd be in with a shout...

Hello mate,

I've called em tday but no joy. Thank you for your help though I really appreciate it. Also I though I'd read about this company and according to the reviews its not a very good company to work for if your a sub-contractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trainee looking for a heating and plumbing apprenticeship desperately!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock