Search the forum,

Discuss Train4Tradeskill pre attendence test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither just want a new skill set!

I have just passed written exam which was a lot of work compared with the stupid multiple choice exam. I phoned them to get dates and they wanted proof that I was paying course gave them that then phoned again and they said no dates available for Leeds at present. I have now gone onto Barclay who I took loan out with to register complaint against them and try and get my money back as fed up getting messed about. This wasn't what I signed up for

Hi, Is anyone else being shafted with his impossible test. This is NOT a C&G test and is just a blaitant excuse to stop you booking your practical sessions. I have failed it 3 times now. The questions have been written by a 4 year old making no sense and the multi choice questions have no relevence to the heath and safety guidance they have asked you to read through. T4TS will not say what the pass rate is and you get no feed back what so ever. So I am presuming this is a 100% pass rate, which I can safely say seems impossible. I am adament I have answered these correctly, but keep getting fails! Lots of Q's like this..

Review the following statement and select the most appropriate answer.

Statement 1. PPE must be used to provide protection to individuals

Statement 2. Most risks can be overcome in a satisfactory mannor by the use of PPE.

A. Both statements are incorrect

B. Statement 2 is correct and is a result of applying statement 1

C. Both statement are correct

D. Statement 1 incorrect and statement 2 is correct

this is just one of the stupid questions and there are another 44 similar ones.

I am going to phone them tomorrow again and have it out with them!

Anyone else who is going through the same pain please get in touch.

Cheers

Yessss....mee meee meeeee! Must say that I'm doing the pre attendance test AND I think its a pain. Confess! I've failed on two submissions so far and just about to do a 3rd (when content to do so after the 7th day) and annoying. Spoke to admins last week and was asking where you could purchase the book. They say that if your not successful the 4outh time it'd be a logical read and answer test.. So when I'm ready confident I'll try submitting.:waving:And what level or course are you doing??????????

What modules are you up to, hope to help you out with answers and logics :waving:

ep I strongly agree on that one there. The multiple choice answers are like a bundle and no pass rate, ok its a plumbers thing, but I have a construction healt and safety card already. But the answers are a bit jumbled up e.g in your question here I would have selected B, but neither A or C stand to be correct because its the same thing in B&D . But "What's the most appropiate answer! IS THE ANSWER ! 1) 2) or A B C or D -----States comfusions...

Subjective and confusing questioning....this test is designed to be failed so that your progress to weeks 3&4 is slowed down by at least 6 WEEKS...YES 6...4 weeks of failed online test followed by another 2 weeks doing the paper test= 6.....
HAS ANYBODY PASSED THE PRE-ATTENDANCE TEST ONLINE?
Without a pass rate,result or feedback we will never pass this online test due to its complexity by design...until you get the paper copy and train4trade skills are ready to let you book...then you will find booking very difficult delaying you even further.

Wel I'm going in..! If I dont return, I'll have you assume I've :50:passed.:waving:

has any 1 passed this dum pre-attendance test H.A.S please as it doing me head in

has any 1 passed this dum pre-attendance test H.A.S please as it doing me head in
No...NO...NO is the answer see my earlier posts about the test being designed to be failed to delay bookings for the colleges by 6 weeks

"Prior to attending your practical sessions there are a number of pre-attendance tests that need to be taken and passed."

this health and safety test isn't the only pre-attendance test that will be added to the course, judging by the way the above quote is worded

No I stil aint passed yet, but do you know of the book!, and of what and where can be purchased???/ as reading PDFon line is actually blinding ME. This shal be my 3hird attempt. :icon1:

Hi,
I have failed the online course 4 times and have now received the paper version (which is nothing like the online tests). You say you have the answers? Would you care to share them with me please?

Hi,
I have failed the online course 4 times and have now received the paper version (which is nothing like the online tests). You say you have the answers? Would you care to share them with me please?

Well I still haven't taken a third attempt. but what is the material like???? Any e.g's

40 pages of questions and written answers...only arrived yesterday...seems like 8-10 of hours work at least to fill it in about A Detached House Refurb.
eg question
Task 1
Complete a risk assessment for the following
1)extension ladder blah blah blah
2)Chasing a 2.5m vertical run blah blah
3) Drilling 50mm holes in the blah blah blah
As you can see this is just one question of 8 tasks.....heaps of work.

40 pages of questions and written answers...only arrived yesterday...seems like 8-10 of hours work at least to fill it in about A Detached House Refurb.
eg question
Task 1
Complete a risk assessment for the following
1)extension ladder blah blah blah
2)Chasing a 2.5m vertical run blah blah
3) Drilling 50mm holes in the blah blah blah
As you can see this is just one question of 8 tasks.....heaps of work.
Personal protective equipment.

Risk assessments are easy when you learn how to do them in a written version the brain dead can understand. Health and safety is all about cover your rse.
You risk assess every thing you do every day of your life without thinking. It is a natural thing. You don't want to die crossing the road so you do it safely without really thinking about it but you have subconsciously risk assessed before you do it. It is a bit harder when you do think about it and have to actually write down what you think in 1 second. Get your mind set into it and it will fall into place.
The only way they can test on health and safety is if they are looking for the main points as no 2 risk assessments will ever be the same.
To answer your questions.
1.) All your answers are here
Construction - Ladders industry health & safety
2.) Think dust (eyes and breathing), electrics (110V , breaker or cordless) hidden , buried services , supplies and whatever else you can think of.
3.) Electrics on tools again, dust, goggles, mask gloves hidden(buried) services or supplies, materials you are drilling through and any risks associated to them
etc
As you are hopefully seeing, it is all bollox. If you are not from a construction background it will be easy to fail you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily I do risk assessments at work but I agree it will be easy to fail someone not in the industry...but they will have to learn as nowadays you cannot take a fart without a risk assessment on a construction site....but lets be honest how many times have you actually read one on site and done what it says.....besides it is often not practical on a real site...so common sense is the best risk assessment.

this paper assignment is the biggest load of rubbish i've ever come across.

AGREED....it is!
I am finding it slow going which needs tons of research and writing...

Good to hear, I called today to ask about the book and waiting for a call bback which weren't returnd...they must be very very busy... Jusyt wished I had the book right now, as I find readindg and reading the on-line bit is blinding me...llol.:conehead:

WOW fab to know I'd do anything to avoid it honestly.. really I wanna pass that so much I've not taken 3rd attempt yet and seaching WH Smith Waterstones..and no sir ee:49:

Risk assessments are made to reduce the risks in the workplace and to all others who work around you. Then when or if someone was to witness something that could be harmful to you or others around you would do what was told in your INDUCTION report it to IMMEDIATE SITE SUPERVISOR, who would then ORGANISE a TOOL BOX TALK that would be refreshed on the TASK or tasks in hand which were taking place and PPE. :nono:

i seriously thought i was getting through this crap. i've managed to get to page 35... thinking yes i am nearly through it, then they slam you with 10 links (8 are pdf's) that you have to look at to get the answers to the rest of the bs questions they have.

the thing that really frustrates me is I KNOW its a way of trying to discourage me from finish my course and i am fairly certain there will be more pointless tests on the way before i am to finish. i am sick of it.

I know how you feel...been working on this paper for days and seem to be getting no where near the end.....Every answer requires so much time and research...then compose an answer in you own words etcetc....this is surely going to slow progress a lot....imagine how many times this can be marked wrong!!!!!....every time you get an answer wrong you will have to wait for the paperwork to come back to you....then correct it...... and send it back=weeks upon weeks of trial and error...Imagine the possibilities of incorrect answers if the on-line scam is anything to go by (no pass rate,no feedback)...This whole pre-attendance test may set people back as much as 8-10 weeks......SCAMMERS!

anyone ever seen the sign: No work prior to safety/environment induction
?

Hi....usually they just say no work before safety induction....use google images...however they are usually mandatory signs (blue and white)

Yessss....mee meee meeeee! Must say that I'm doing the pre attendance test AND I think its a pain. Confess! I've failed on two submissions so far and just about to do a 3rd (when content to do so after the 7th day) and annoying. Spoke to admins last week and was asking where you could purchase the book. They say that if your not successful the 4outh time it'd be a logical read and answer test.. So when I'm ready confident I'll try submitting.:waving:And what level or course are you doing??????????

Hi all! Not been on for ages. Well after getting the paper version of the test, I found myself putting it off for ages as every time I looked at it, it wound me up! How ever I did start ploughing through it, bit by bit and eventually submitted it. I passed, with good feedback. I have now booked onto my practical at last and can finally get on my training that I do enjoy when I am there! Unfortunately it's just a case of gritting your teeth and getting on with it! As long as I get my certificates at the end of it I will be happy! Please do not think by signing up to this course you will be doing it at your pace. It is at theirs!

Hi all! Not been on for ages. Well after getting the paper version of the test, I found myself putting it off for ages as every time I looked at it, it wound me up! How ever I did start ploughing through it, bit by bit and eventually submitted it. I passed, with good feedback. I have now booked onto my practical at last and can finally get on my training that I do enjoy when I am there! Unfortunately it's just a case of gritting your teeth and getting on with it! As long as I get my certificates at the end of it I will be happy! Please do not think by signing up to this course you will be doing it at your pace. It is at theirs!

i am totally with you on the getting wound up part. i basically knocked it in week, with the great great help of one of the posters here. i sent it away on friday for mark, i am really hoping the received it today... i want to get my final 3 weeks done and wash my hands with the course

Hi every1 just taking my pre attendance test not only is it impossible to pass but don't you think the time it's gives u is outrages 1hour to answer 45 questions.

hi i done module 35 test and sat waiting for my letter inviting me onto week 7 the letter never arrived so after several weeks i phoned and was told i had to do a preassessment test which was online which i have failed twich now. but when i did praticals on level2 the gola exams i passed all first time except lead weathering so now i am fairly p off a lot of questions have a number of posible correct answers

you're not the first one to fail this "preassessment" which by general consensus is nothing more than a mechanism to prevent you from proceeding at a faster pace than that which t4ts wants you to proceed at. welcome to the forums by the way.

Statement 1. PPE must be used to provide protection to individuals

false, must be provided, there is no rule to wear it.

Statement 2. Most risks can be overcome in a satisfactory mannor by the use of PPE.

False, Most risk can be overcome by spending time considering the risk, PPE is one of many prevention methods

Heya,

Also got stuck with this test -
1. it is impossible to get 100% but that is what 'seems' to be required
2. once you have failed online 4 times they will phone you to 'chat' about the difficulty you are having with the H+S test, on the back of this they will then send you a paperbased assignment
3. the assignment is in the region of 22pgs. long and requires 100% for a pass - in trying to do my H+S assessment I have about 20 Health and Safety Executive documents open on the computer at any 1 time, trying in vain to achieve 100% -

This is definitely just a blocking tactic.......my advice is to fail the online exams as quickly as possible and get onto the mammoth task of the paper based assignment as there must be an end somewhere, but using up time trying too hard to pass and online test that is impassable just eats up extra time - fail 4 times as quickly as possible and move on.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train4Tradeskill pre attendence test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock