Search the forum,

Discuss Towel rail recommendations; balancing price with quality?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blackspaven

So, the DeLonghi towel radiator I got was a crock; swarf overpainted and the thread wouldn't take a valve; so I've been getting a few prices from all the usuals but not sure what to go for. It'll be a 1500/1600x500 curved in white.

City Plumbing suggested a brand I've never heard of called Eastbrook. Anyone fitted one of these, just wondering what's they're like? Williams recommended their own brand, obviously, but again no idea.

Williams are good quality
If you speak to Ray Stifhard he will probably be able to get you a discount

Know people who buy from Williams so that wouldn't be a problem. Should all last, but the Williams one and the Eastbrook one are almost exactly the same including price, it's just the Eastbrook are 5 years warranty compared to two so it's horses for courses.

To be fair, I'm wondering if rads are like snowboards, that large groups of them are made in the same place and then just get different badges slapped on them?!

would have thought they were all made in china nowadays, I've never been down a mountain on a towel rail so I couldn't tell you if they were alike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel rail recommendations; balancing price with quality?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Morning all. Wondering if you can help. I'm re-doing my bathroom and thought I'd replace the radiator with a towel rail. The plastic pipes seem to be speedfit (or similar). I can't see a brand on them and they say 15mm (but they're clearly 10mm). The current pipes won't stretch to the new...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I 'think' I've found a cheap solution to fulfilling all of my family's heat automation needs using Terrier i30 TRVs (eTRVs that have a timer, but no way of calling the boiler for heat). However, it seems too good to be true. Therefore, I wondered if I could run it by some of you...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hopefully this is a quick one... I'm currently building a house (well, my builder is, I'm doing a few of the jobs myself). Originally, we were going to have electric towel rails in the bathrooms, because we were going to have solar panels. We're over budget, so the panels will have to wait...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help. We have a dual fuel towel rail, i.e. connected to the central heating, but with an electric element in one of the "legs". The bottom of the other leg is leaking around what I assume is a blanking plug. This plug has a large hex socket, and I've tried tightening it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock