Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Towel Rad Pipes in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Ant Parkes

Ant Parkes Plumber

Just a quick one really.

Do you tend to put the rad tails in the wall for a towel rail or up out of floor?

Of course, depends on the installation I guess, but what would you prefer to do, if you have the choice between the two?

2. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber

Hello and welcome along,

It really depends on your preference. I really like neat jobs and would prefer from the wall but you've got a lot of people they like from the floor.

IMG_2630.jpg

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

choice between to the two from the floor for me, thinking ahead if you put it in the wall and its special pipe centres and the rad needs to be replaced its not going to be easy and nice

but again if its a stand 500 or 600mm towel rad pipes in the wall

4. Ant Parkes

Ant Parkes Plumber

Cheers both.

I really can't decide which I prefer at the moment.

When the towel rail has got to be high, of course out the wall.

At a "normal" height though, I can't decide as I like to bring chrome pipe out either way.

5. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Buried in the wall. Kop

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber

You could have problems with any type of installation. if the pipes coming from the floor or from the wall - when having a leak you will need to damage both either floor tiles, or wall unless you've got just a matt on the floor which can be removed and floorboards be lifted.

7. Ant Parkes

Ant Parkes Plumber

Yeah I know they'd be problems either way, haha.

Just done one, bit more hassle chasing walls but it does look much better with chrome coming out of wall straight into angled rad valves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1