Currently reading:
Topravit close coupled toilet seat issue .....

Discuss Topravit close coupled toilet seat issue ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulyoung666

..... the toilet itself is fine , however the toilet seat is past its best , so now the problem , every other toilet i have seen has access to the fixings from beneath if that makes sense , not this one , all that is visible from the top is 2 'X' head screws that hold the seat on to the pan , now i could loosten them and then find out that i cant retighten them :eek: , so , anyone with experience of the mystery toilet seat fixing please shout up :D

p.s. -- pictures can be supplied on reguest :p

i've come across these seat fittings before. what you have at the other end of the cross head screw is an elongated nut i.e. side to side which catches on the side of the toilet (to stop it spinning) as you screw it up. the nut folds up against the screw thread to insert it into the toilet seat fixing hole. i hope this is clear

steve

i've come across these seat fittings before. what you have at the other end of the cross head screw is an elongated nut i.e. side to side which catches on the side of the toilet (to stop it spinning) as you screw it up. the nut folds up against the screw thread to insert it into the toilet seat fixing hole. i hope this is clear

steve

cheers steve , so , are you suggesting that even though i cannot see or feel this 'nut' that i will be ok to remove the 'X' head screws ? , there is absoloutely no access whatsoever to them :eek:

edit -- reread your post and do they work like a kind of Rawlplug 94 369 Spring Toggle (cd6) M5x50, RAW94369 at D&M Tools ?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes they look like that except that the nut is solid and is made so that it can fold onto the thread to feed it through the hole.

steve

i wish i had left it , tried unscrewing the screws , they did and the seat came off , it has some weird nut and rubber affairs that appear to squash up as the screw is tightened , problem is they are rotten and aint working :eek: , can i buy new ones ???

so try googling 'top fix toilet seat' and you should find something suitable

will try that , have tried various other googles with no help :(

edit - result , thankyou , just need to find a local supplier now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rawlnuts are the kiddies to look for , struggled to find a highstreet supplier , in the end i had a word with a company i used to use ( Teesside Industrial Fasteners ) and they came up trumps , getting some in for hopefully tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Topravit close coupled toilet seat issue ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back