Search the forum,

Discuss Topping up customers electric..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.P.S.

Gas Engineer
So,

Who’s had to top up the customer’s electric or gas so you can actually carry out your work.....!?

Today I started a combi conversion and needed to plug my battery chargers and powerflusher in.... no electric....

The property is rented and between tenants so I needed to go and stick a tenner on the key to get going.

Im just curious to hear who else does this or just says, na feg it, I’m off. My old boss would definitely be the latter.....

I have a receipt and will be adding it to the bill mind...

Yep added to the cost as an extra but also in t and cs

And in Richmond, finding a top up shop, driving there, paying for parking at £1 for 10 minutes and then getting back to job to find all parking bays full. Add an hour. Half way through doing gas rate on a boiler. Tempting to put in a figure and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Topping up customers electric..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the above postcode. She's lives abroad and is stuck, and I am in a similar situation. Existing boiler is a Thorn Apollo heat-only open-vented boiler fitted on external kitchen wall running on a Y or S plan with vented cylinder. Seems to reaching end of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m hoping someone can help – I need a bit of advice / help as I'm not sure if the recent cold spell is too much for the UFH in the main living space (it's a barn conversion so 25ft high vaulted area) and I've checked all I can think of. It's 15 degrees despite all looking to be OK to me...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Sorry this is a long one. I'll try and keep it organised. Son has just moved into a purpose built (2013 ish) 4th floor apartment as a tenant. No gas in the building. Triple glazing. 1. The letting agent led him to believe that the electricity supply was on an Eco 7 meter. He didn't...
Replies
Views
Now sorted... don’t bother reading this stupid long post. Hi, I’ve got a bit of a head scratcher here and wondered what you guys would make of it. I was called by a landlord to do a gas safety check on a property that is now at the latter stages of being sold and the buyers wanted the usual...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock