Search the forum,

Discuss Top Entry Immersion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm changing a top entry immersion tomorrow.. To date I've only done side entry.

I'm thinking I just need to shut off the gate valve on the cold feed (if it's not seized), run the lowest hot tap to drain pipework and then crack open the immersion - catching the excess with a wetvac.

Or is it best to drain the cylinder a little also?

Wouldn't bother draining the tank any Jayde. Just use the wet vac. You could always bung the tank to avoid the risk of the gate valve seizing in the shut position or letting by.

Wouldn't bother draining the tank any Jayde. Just use the wet vac. You could always bung the tank to avoid the risk of the gate valve seizing in the shut position or letting by.

True indeed. Cheers Paul

Bung Cwsc every time been caught out too many times seized gates on a Friday afternoon
Good luck

Bung Cwsc every time been caught out too many times seized gates on a Friday afternoon
Good luck

I will take your advice and go straight for the bung!!

did the job today - had no choice but to use the gate valve as it was communal water services in a mansion block. Was fine though, closed and opened nicely - surprisingly!! Glad I had my wetvac though as the bugger was letting by - but all was well in the world ;) thanks for your help fellas

what will happen when the bung gets loose :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Top Entry Immersion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock