Search the forum,

Discuss tools required for oil boiler servicing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it on a minor4?

How did you guess!!!!?

190/240 - do you by any chance know what size nozzle it should be? I can't read the old one (which I put in!)

Forget the Riello fan puller - just get one of those long reach micro bearing pullers and it will pull off motor bearings too. Alternatively a winscreeen wiper puller will take off Riello fans.

How about putting this thread as a sticky as the question keeps coming up?

Last edited:
Just reading this thread with interest as I'm about to join the ranks of you greasy oil engineers. (well at the end of the month I am).

Noticed Croppie (where's he gone) mentioned a solenoid tester. Looked it up. Looks like a standard 'volt stick'.

Is it? Ta for any help. Danny.

Solenoid tester = screwdriver

This is a rough and ready test to see if it magnestizes against your screwdriver. (There's a proper voltage test too but I'm afraid I can't be bothered to go out to the van and look the values up in my book.)

What after you made my wife leave me.....go and look them up now. ;)

Doesn't matter, rough and ready suits me. I'm looking forward to the course, hoping I'll learn a bit.

I've seviced and installed in the past (got an Oftec guy to commision always). I think its time I registered despite it not being mandatory at the moment. Not cheap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tools required for oil boiler servicing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock