Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Tools only insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJB

SJB Plumber

Right lads, I'm fully employed by a company and I recently found out that in the event of a company van break in the maximum I could get for my tools being nicked is 500 quid. That's far off the actual cost of replacing all my own gear soooooo

is there anywhere I can get insurance specifically covering loss of tools and nothing else?

ive had a look and I know it can be added on to public liability insurance but I really don't need that (I rarely do any foreigners anymore) so no point paying for something I don't need, and the only companies google showed me for tools only insurance I'd never heard of, I'd rather go with one of the well known insurers if possible

2. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

use a broker to find some

3. gasmanrob

gasmanrob Plumber GSR

Just read the small print a lot of tool policy's only cover power tools upto 2 years old, despite the replacement cost to us they view anything over 2 years as due replacement

4. dave1

dave1 Plumber

I renewed my public liability and asked about tool insurance to the broker. He said don't bother, it's over priced a db you what they were offering was £1000 cover a max of £250 per power tool, and they had to be in a locked box in a locked building or van.

5. plumben

plumben Plumber

Put the money you'd be spending on insurance into a separate bank account, if/when your tools go missing there's your money you buy your new tools and if they dont then you've still got all your money

6. SJB

SJB Plumber

That's like saying don't insure your house just have 150 grand on hand all the time in case it burns down and you need a new one mate

7. plumben

plumben Plumber

Well no not when you get into the small print on most of these things, just like w/m or d/w insurance by the time the warranty runs out and you've been paying insurance for 2/3 years that money would buy you a new machine and most of the fine print gets them out of paying of its x amount of years old