Search the forum,

Discuss tools from yesteryear in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them flexi's come in 1.5m length now. used 2 a few days ago when turning a bath round. saved me 3m of pipe , 2 bath adapters & 2 straights. came in pushfit as well. No skint knuckles nowadays. Easy game this plumbing .

Came to look at a property which had been empty for a year and the new occupant tried to turn the water on and whoosh! Flexis eveywhere including to the radiators, and all plastic. Mice and rats had been very busy (with the electrics also!) and what they hadn't ruined, the frost had finished off so decided to rip out all and replace.

When you take a good look at most scrap flexis, they are scary quality - not much different than a shower hose. The crimped end isnt up to much & frost just pulls it apart.

Came to look at a property which had been empty for a year and the new occupant tried to turn the water on and whoosh! Flexis eveywhere including to the radiators, and all plastic. Mice and rats had been very busy (with the electrics also!) and what they hadn't ruined, the frost had finished off so decided to rip out all and replace.
Great things mice Newtons law = plastic pipe + mice = ÂŁ . made my fortune out of mice. ps it's cats i dont like.

i can see the benefit of plastic for certain jobs, and have used it myself, but flexis??????? NEVER, and i mean NEVER would i lower myself to fit a flexi pipe on plumbing, i think the quality is rank and a finished job with them anywhere looks mince

i can see the benefit of plastic for certain jobs, and have used it myself, but flexis??????? NEVER, and i mean NEVER would i lower myself to fit a flexi pipe on plumbing, i think the quality is rank and a finished job with them anywhere looks mince
id like to see you connect some of the closed back wc suites with out a flexi of some sort it would be impossible

id like to see you connect some of the closed back wc suites with out a flexi of some sort it would be impossible

difficult YES
challenging YES
impossible NO
thats the difference between real plumbers and those who play at it haha

what about the monobloc taps that come supplied with flexi's? can't seem to buy the rigid tails anywhere they just come supplied with some but not all taps.

i'm with steve on the cc w/c issue as well some of them are downright impossible to fit without a flexi only possible alternative is placcy pipe that has enough flex to pass through the double shelf pans

some modern WCs are impossible to fit up with rigid pipework.

it is some years since kirk has actually done any work other than the remodeling of his hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tools from yesteryear in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock