Search the forum,

Discuss Tool to siphon the last bit of water out of cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean fishy??? LOL

flush toilet, disconnect all connections, lift toilet out and pour down toilet (if in rush and cant be bothered with wet vac)

dont take connection off as doesnt go in bucket, it leaks everywhere
dont use sponge or any other contraption as takes too long and never find it in van and it will break when rattling round the van!

I wouldn't be taking the cistern out to change the inlet valve, if it's the syphon then pouring it out is the way to go.

oh yeah, well if your good you cant get float valve out and new one in without removing all the water! as long as they havent siliconed it!
if its side float valve then u dont need to empty it!!

Very simple and very cheap, I carry a large turkey baster in my tool kit, it works a treat even fits into pipes

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a battery siphon thing, the corgi magazine does them. Works o.k , you still need a sponge to get the last dregs. Its good for draining the u bend before you take a pan out.

Hang on to that one then. Last one I had could barely count to 10 and kept giving me surly looks all day!

His arse kept meeting my boot!

My apprentice is the Missus, makes things difficult,but not impossible if you run quick :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool to siphon the last bit of water out of cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock