Search the forum,

Discuss Tool thief killed by vigilanets ((UK) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a shame, the two lads who stopped him will probably spend a good few yrs behind bars now (if it wasn't some sort of accident) for doing something about all the thefts that happen countrywide, but get virtually ignored by plod
While the toerag that died will be remembered as a bit of a rough diamond who mean't no harm
Feel sorry for the lads that decided enough is enough

Would be both more proportionate and more effective.
As soon as the fingers heal, they'll be back amongst someones hard earned gear. Wait till you wake up to a peeled back door and 2 grands worth of gear gone, or get back from a night out to find yer back door hanging off hinges, your lasses knicker drawer rifled and a massive turd on yer coffee table and yer playstation gone.

I take it you haven't had your van done ?
I have and it's a growing trend.
The point is, when something like this happens to you, of course you are annoyed and stuff might get out of hand. In this instance, though, I am able to look at the matter cooly and realise that killing someone because they stole some tools is over the top and I hope that when things do get pinched, someone will restrain me from murdering anyone.
Anyone here broken a speed limit or failed to give way when we should have done? Perhaps someone who had a family member injured by a speeding driver will want to kill us?
Anyone made an illegal copy of an LP? Perhaps some struggling musician... Have I made my point?
Of course crime needs to be dealt with, but if we all start killing one another then our lives will be very miserable. Not the sort of world I want to live in!

The story doesn't say what the thief died from / of.

The 2 guys were arrested under the suspicion of murder but later released.
Not sure on your legal system, but if the thief was beaten or bludgeoned to death, the 2 guys would not be released from the lock up.

Saying that, I've been done over a couple of times.
Maybe I should consider myself fortunate for not having the opportunity to come face to face with the thieves.

I'm sorry but not of this world if your stealing tools from a tradesman or woman

I've been done once and I can say if I caught them mid act, I have a few pig farms around my area

I'm sorry but not of this world if your stealing tools from a tradesman or woman

I've been done once and I can say if I caught them mid act, I have a few pig farms around my area

We have a few pig farms ! but got loads of old mine shafts, All ways remember what a Met cop told me, just make sure no one see's you !

We have a few pig farms ! but got loads of old mine shafts, All ways remember what a Met cop told me, just make sure no one see's you !

Same ;)

When you think a little deeper into the stealing of tools, there must be a fairly substantial market for getting rid of them.

I would assume the amount of tools stolen for personal use, would be minimal.
At the end of the day, someone along the chain would want cash for the tools, so there must be a lot of people buying them.

I have never been offered, nor bought any second hand tools in all my years of plumbing

The thing is the plods are under tremendous pressure- services cut left right and centre! Hardly any cops available in Camden, now....if, you call 101 and you'll be on hold for 40min plus!- watching the crack rats steal your stuff- nowt you can do...

True indeed. But why aren't we in the streets protesting about a government that apparently doesn't care about us instead of saying it's okay to kill thieves? Perhaps it's easier to be annoyed with other people without power and wealth instead of the rich and mighty?

Must say I sympathise with those tradespeople who have had their van done, as was my neighbour's who'd unfortunately left his van unlocked too. Cost him about ÂŁ3K, I think. If you are insured and have taken the correct precautions, then you'll get your tools back eventually, albeit having to pay an extra premium, but won't be able to work for a day or two.
Nonetheless, I shudder to think that I might employ and have in my house a tradesperson who is willing to kill or endorse killing, over the theft of tools. If they are willing to act so extremely, would they be willing to rob my house when my back was turned?

As others say, proper lawful procedures are needed with proportional penalties to deter those who have no respect for others property.

Two things Alex, firstly unless the person has the money to replace the tools straight away (which many of us don`t) it takes a darn sight more than a day or two!
And secondly your comment about would a plumber be willing to rob my house is downright stupid and insulting!

Last edited:
Unfortunately these thieving scrotes are part of our society, we have to try be one step ahead of them .

Because we live in a nanny state run by politicaly incorrect dogodders this problem will just get worse.

Dont kill them , it isnt worth sending them to prison , just cut their fecing hands off .

Two things Alex, firstly unless the person has the money to replace the tools straight away (which many of us don`t) it takes a darn sight more than a day or two!
And secondly your comment about would a plumber be willing to rob my house is downright stupid and insulting!

Didn't mean to insult anyone, so I apologise for that. I was trying to make the point that that those claiming that tradespersons are willing to kill because of theft of tools is far more insulting and damaging to their reputation.

I fully sympathise and have no respect for the thieves causing hardship to decent hardworking tradespeople.

Any theft is horrible whether its your shed house or van if its your tools its your livelihood would never buy any tools robbed your taking the food from someone's mouth . In pub one night after work with two older gentlemen chippys a lad offered them a circular saw cheap site had been robbed the night before so your man tried to sell one lad back his own saw ..only good thing was the lead wasn't long enough on the saw as he was going to use it on your man he escaped with a hiding from the two lads I was a first year apprentice told never buy robbed tools best lesson learned

It's the same as breaking an artists or cabbies hands

When you think a little deeper into the stealing of tools, there must be a fairly substantial market for getting rid of them.

I would assume the amount of tools stolen for personal use, would be minimal.
At the end of the day, someone along the chain would want cash for the tools, so there must be a lot of people buying them.

I have never been offered, nor bought any second hand tools in all my years of plumbing
You are quite right,there must be a big market but how you wanna stop this? You cannot because there is always someone ( if not many ) looking for a good bargain. I would always take the tools ( hand tools / power tools ) out of the van, even though it's a pain but also a gain.
If you can buy keys online to break into other cars or having programs reading the keys what else can you do. You are literally not safe whatever you do

A lot of vans they cut the electrics in the slots beside the back door and the central locking pops open or the well known brand without naming it the best van on the market you have to buy an after market lock after they break into it now heard it was 450 over here

Yeah the older model transits had a loom weakness that needed extra security. Now they have there locks picked instead with a 15 squid key off amazon. All vans have weaknesses and those that spend a fortune on extra security still have the doors pealed open anyway.

I know a trade who had his tools in 2 welded down steel boxes inside a van with a alarm, dead locks etc and they peeled the doors and oxy cut the boxes out on an shop car park which was almost full on sat dinner time. They should be hung.

Slightly off subject but wait till you hear this one We worked in a church on the quays in Dublin they broke in the security man and dog locked themselves in the priests room at the back they took stuff that was lying around shouted at him they would be back .they came back about a week later security man legged it they told him if he went into the back room they would burn it down so they got into the back room cleared out two steel joboxs and when foreman and lads arrived next morning no security or dog around so he went to check the tools both joboxs were locked when he went in so he thought at least tools still there .opened first one no tools .opened second one no tools either only a german shepard shaking and whimpering the bastards opened both boxes took everything put the dog in it and cleared off , we still cant figure out how they managed to open the boxes and lock them again I'd say the dog is still in therapy

opened both boxes took everything put the dog in it and cleared off , we still cant figure out how they managed to open the boxes and lock them again I'd say the dog is still in therapy

Did the 'security' man have a set of keys by any chance? Seems more like an 'inside' man to me.

No way did strangers get a German Shepherd guard dog into a box without help from its handler. Have you seen the ****ing teeth on those things?

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/a686c40ce8f745a992eb10fe793597ce/german-shepherd-erenj9.jpg

He had no keys and the dog was locked into the box I found it hard to believe only we were working on the job at the time constantly watching your tools ironic part is the children's court is about 500 yards away as regards the teeth have a shepard out my back as we speak always had them so I understand what your saying

Best one I heard was a man with a 2CV van. They broke in to his house, threw a load of things in the van, demanded the keys and tied the man up in a sleeping bag.
But the van had a security feature the thieves couldn't get around: a manual choke. Also, the 2CV gearstick is slightly unusual.
After various starting and stalling attempts (the van owner was, meanwhile, killing himself laughing), all went quiet. The owner eventually broke free from his sleeping bag to find his van (and contents) still parked outside the house. The thieves were nowhere to be seen.

First van I had was a Renault 4 l van gears in centre of dashboard never got robbed lol a lot of people were terrified to drive them because of the gears they were the original column gears

Careful or I'll get offended ;) Citroen 2VC launched in 1948. Renault 4 came out many years later. Assuming the gear change is similar? Slide in and out, neutral is halfway out and twist and slide for other gears? I'm not giving away the details here, though: you'll have to kill me first :)
Good to meet someone else who's had a real car though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool thief killed by vigilanets ((UK) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock