Search the forum,

Discuss tool boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

How many of you lot have broken something or chipped door or scratched a wall carrying your tool box through a house ?
I was out jobbing yesterday and carrying my tool box which is a fair size through the house and the lady had her hands on my tool box guiding it through the house . When asked why she said previous worker crashed it into a table knocking ornaments everywhere !

I would have just let her carry it and be done with it, the weirdo.

Yes I have bumped the odd door frame, that's about it though.

Getting 3m lengths of coper tube through the house always causes me problems. Closing the door leaves me on the end like a pole vaulter.

Over the years I've knocked a clock off a mantle piece, ripped the wallpaper and nearly harpooned a dog. :smart:

I was walking down a customers stairs once with by toolbox held in front of me blocking the view of my feet, my toolbox knocked something on the stairs and sent in flying down, lady ran out thinking I'd fallen down etc. Its was a stupid wicker basket that was stair shaped and belonged on the stairs as a storage unit. Didn't even see it when I went up.

What is it with women and useless clutter? Could have cracked my head open.

How many of you lot have broken something or chipped door or scratched a wall carrying your tool box through a house ?
I was out jobbing yesterday and carrying my tool box which is a fair size through the house and the lady had her hands on my tool box guiding it through the house . When asked why she said previous worker crashed it into a table knocking ornaments everywhere !

Just be happy you have a fair sized tool box and the lady had her hands on it

Getting 3m lengths of coper tube through the house always causes me problems. Closing the door leaves me on the end like a pole vaulter.

Over the years I've knocked a clock off a mantle piece, ripped the wallpaper and nearly harpooned a dog. :smart:

Try the 6m lengths there very handy lol

Ive just taken delivery of my new British gas tool box, i ordered it on line with TW tools online, paid £25 + vat the day before last. the quality puts every other tool box ive owned to shame, the gripe i do have is that there isnt as much space in it as my tool bag but ive just slimmed down what i carry in the box so far though i ill give it a 9/10. Just to let you know these boxes are made by a company called Cyroma plastics Banbury, so British made as a nice bonus.

rubbish. I had a bg box for years, they are not good. I now have a FatMax Structural of the same guise.

:hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
That rubbish that you had it for years eh? the gas board boxes arent made of structural foam they are made of HDPE, also i have a fatmax box with the little flimsy handle and tiny pointless tote tray but all to their own, only time will tell if you will have the fatmax box for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
$(KGrHqR,!q!E8WWmDdY4BPPo!NKPDw~~60_3.JPG

I've got one of these, greatbag, loads of cubby holes to put things and keep it organised, with a deep main compartment for the not so important stuff like grips, hammers etc It's a lot bigger than it looks when its open and has a wire frame around the opening so it's not all floppy like a normal tool bag.

I never do the zip up and it works perfect, this is my second one, the other one lasted about 3 years before the bottom plastic base cracked but overall very sturdy and no chipped door frames.

Last edited:
when it comes to toolboxes, custom made is the way to go, i've got quite a few boxes, but this ones the best of the bunch, bullet proof as well. 006.jpg

that's excellent. and if you need a bit of copper pipe or a tank connector you don't have to go out to the van lol

They don't make anything like they used to. You are lucky if a tool box lasts you 6 months.

when it comes to toolboxes, custom made is the way to go, i've got quite a few boxes, but this ones the best of the bunch, bullet proof as well. View attachment 6366
If you worked for me I wouldnt let you in a customers house with that, what do people think when they see that coming through the door?

Had one lad who turned up first day with a saucepan full of screws and his tools in a washing up bowl, you remind me of him :shocked3:

I got a cracking tool box made by some obscure company called Dulux. It is the special Tradesave Emulsion 10 litre model. It even comes with a lid.:smilewinkgrin:

On very special jobs I sometimes change over to my super duper Bal-Grout model just to impress a bit more.

Last edited:
if you worked for me, i would'nt let you in a customers house with that, what do people think when they see that coming through the door?

Had one lad who turned up first day with a saucepan full of screws and his tools in a washing up bowl, you remind me of him :shocked3:

lol, it's what you do with them that counts.

the older the violin, the sweeter the music.

I it fed up of the plastic tool boxes falling to bits and don't get on with toolbars, so had gone back to a metal cantilevered box downsides being its heavy and if it hit a doorframe I'm sure it would take a huge chunk out of it.

We all get bored and circulate what we try. I'm back to tote bags (Fat Max) after a couple of years of deep trays. Before that it was standard plastic tool boxes, I'll just keep repeating the cycle until someone invents one tool that does everything. Then I'll just buy two of them for when I lose the first one.

I applied the the same thinking to my decision to buy the fatmax xl tech bag LS, thinking to my self "oh lovely ill just have a few screw drivers and grips in there..." six months later i could barley lift it let alone throw it on my shoulder because all the tools from my box, plus my impact driver had found their way into the bag!.

I started with a big toolbox!! but have now gone for a small tote bag, on my second one, fat max at the mo!! still have to empty it every now and again because i can't lift it!! gave it a good clean out the other day recon there must have been at least a fivers worth of copper off cuts in there plus the rubbish that accumulates from jobbing!!
you know when you have to much stuff in your bag when you have the handle in your hand but the bag is now at the bottom of the stairs!!

Veto pro pack Best tool bag by a long shot! Comes with 5 year guarantee!!

When my current FM bag dies im goin with one of these, though prices start at £120+ so better start saving now.:smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tool boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock