Search the forum,

Discuss Tool bags in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Recently changed to the Stanley Fatmax rigid bag but today it's gone pop. only had it 3 months and it wasn't long before it started going out of shape and tearing at seams. Before that I went through of couple of years with numerous CK open totes.

Definetly not going for another Stanley. Think it's time to finally take the plunge on one of the pricier bags. Either the veto pro ot-lc or the snickers flexi bag. Or open to options of other recomendations!

Hi rybo1 kris who's on this site recommended a stanley fatmax cantilever 19" toolbox to me before. Don't know what you do mainly, I got 1 for servicing. It's great, it fits my analyser, gas sniffer, fluke test leads, multi meter and good selection of screwdrivers, spanners, Allen keys etc.

I have two of them. They are good. Had a good week so was looking at a pro pax. £140 Ish. But chickened out and bought 10 rad keys[emoji12]

5d33f89b94220b800c32f54a2348bf93.jpg

No tool bag come close to the Veto Pro Pac, amazing build quality and pocket options.
When you walk in with one of those the customer knows you mean business!

If women have hand bags for every different shoes, why can a proffessional have a quality made bag which he uses everyday for a living.
Your van, tools, and work wear....only the best will do!

I know . I've put off buying one but it may happen. Gonna get xl for installs?

Only issue is they are heavy, but if the van is far then the shoulder strap is handy.
I see myself passing this bag to my children!

I know . I've put off buying one but it may happen. Gonna get xl for installs?
I have the long xlf I think it is. Suffice to say dont need a gym membership. Moving it in and out of the van is enough. I like that it fits a 600 level and an assembled blowtorch and tank. The tool organisation saces hours of rooting around for the thing you need.

I use the smaller technician totes. Most makes do them. I've had the CK one and now the Stanley. Keep my blowtorch, spare bottle, flux, solder, jet blue, rag etc in the little bag. Perfect for the job o think

usually keep blowtorch fluxes matts and extinguisher in separate bag.
Have a rolling stanley box
Hand tools in top box
things I might need in middle
big tools in bottom

stanley tote for tools, for installs, and a sainsbury's blue basket to throw the bits I want to use for gas safety checks servicing etc. the stanley has yet again lasted 3 months before the pockets get holed!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying a fat max tote with lid for oily gear, but not enough pockets, it will last 6 months. been looking at a suitcase for gas servicing tools, probably try a canteliver for oily gear next time, funnily enough the sainsburies basket is the oldest tool bag I have :)

stanley tote for tools, for installs, and a sainsbury's blue basket to throw the bits I want to use for gas safety checks servicing etc. the stanley has yet again lasted 3 months before the pockets get holed!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying a fat max tote with lid for oily gear, but not enough pockets, it will last 6 months. been looking at a suitcase for gas servicing tools, probably try a canteliver for oily gear next time, funnily enough the sainsburies basket is the oldest tool bag I have :)

Sainsbury basket???
need to photo's

lets get some photos on here, swap some ideas!

I've had 4 years solid abuse out of my Fat Max open tote, it has a handle made from a bit of old 22mm after the silver one snapped, the base gave way a year ago but I ply lined it in 6mm ply, pink gripped in and everytime a side pocket holes I insert some kind of liner in it.

Hoping to get at least another 2 years out of it....im too tight to spend £20 on a new one.

Stanley FatMax 18" Cantilever Toolbox | Plastic Toolboxes | Screwfix.com

Got this for service work......great tough little box and handy step up too!
Got a couple of Stanley ridged tote bags for all the heavy gear!

I use one of these for my oil tools works a treat and just the right size. Far too small for gas servicing/small jobs though.

I just use a cheap Stanley toolbox for installs as I got fed up of picking up a tote that weighed a ton as I have lobbed more tools than I need and all my scrap etc.

You look professional by how you present yourself and your persona. Custard don't know if your trousers are engelberts or from poundland or if your multimeter is fluke or flecked. .

Got the JCB tote, loaded full and still fine had it about a year. What's sol.......keep my plastic in.....Lol. Keep my soldering gear in the Rotten burger bag, torch,flux,solder,mats, abrasives and mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool bags in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock