Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Water in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dizzy1

HI, im after an valve which will allow me to stop the water between the Toilets Cistern and the copper pipe letting water in.

is this what I need: ScrewFix Link

Thank in Advance
Dizzy

HI, im after an valve which will allow me to stop the water between the Toilets Cistern and the copper pipe letting water in.

is this what I need: ScrewFix Link

Thank in Advance
Dizzy
you can get a flexicoupling with a valve incorperated

i would advise you use this, WRAS Hose 15mm Valve x ½â€￾ F x 300mm x 10mm - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys make sure you use paste if the fitting you are connecting to is copper , if it is plastic you will not need paste .

Sure you dont mean a service valve with tap connector ??

Plum Bob:)

PS your paste must, of course, be suitable for potable water systems.

Thanks for advice so far, i currently have this:

I just want to put a push fit or speedfit valve on the copper side and the metal piece to the plastic water in section on the cistern.

I want a valve so I am able to keep the water in the house on while i work. Would this Wras item do it:

WRAS 15mm Quick Valve - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Yep, that should do it, dont forget your fibre washer and if you choose a potable jointing paste.

Plum Bob:)

Cheers All for the advice, ill be buying.

WRAS 15mm Quick Valve - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Quick question can anyone recommend some paste, I get its got to be potable.

But what does the actual paste do and go?

Thank in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
make sure you scrape of the paint at the joint too or it will leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Water in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, It may be coincidence but not long after getting oil fired central heating fitted to older ex-council property (fireplace and necessary plumbing torn out/replaced as required) every time toilet is flushed it sounds like a foghorn. Vibrations run through house and can be heard clearly...
Replies
Views
SaintSinner
S
Ok I have been dealing with this problem for over a year and finally have to ask for some help as backflushing every 2 weeks or so is getting very tiresome. I live in a 60's flat (3 flats per side of the block so 6 flats in all) with two overhead water tanks in a tankhouse on the flat roof for...
Replies
Views
Well this is a bit embarrassing, i am a plumber but took early retirement about 22 years back, things have moved on considerably since then. About three years back i fitted a comfort toilet in our cloakroom, a couple of years later the fill valve broke, well not exactly broke the washer failed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock