Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet seat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hello

I fitted a new toilet seat before Christmas

Twice now it's come loose - but not from underneath.

It wobbles side to side & the old lady wants it fixed again

Each time I move & secure the top circular parts so it doesn't wobble & tighten

It lasts a week then I get another call....

Any thoughts?

It's not a cheap seat but custard provided it.

Thx all.

Explain that you have done everything you can
If the bases of the brackets are secure and the seat still moves, there's not much you can do
If the bases are coming loose, try a thin rubber gasket cut to the shape of the base and use steel bolts (if it was supplied with plastic ones)
I've only come across one or two seats of a good quality (don't know the names)all the rest move to some degree
Also some pans are slightly mis shapen out of the factory and no seat will sit flush (so to speak)

Where elderly and erm, people of bulk use the toilet they tend to shift their weight, seen quite a few with little "guides" that stop the seat moving and coming loose.

Pretty sure there was a thread on this a few months back.

I'd be telling her to push back to manufacturer mate then it's their problem to tell them that they need something more suitable for her needs

Don't want to sound mean / disrespectful but big women if so needs the supports on the side or a toilet frame

I hope you're charging each time you go to fix it, they provided it after all.
If you had supplied it you'd be kicking off with the merchants or exchanging it but to go back repeatedly to a product the customer provided is not on.
It's obviously a rubbish seat, they're not rocket science to fit, it should only need one visit if it's fit for purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet seat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock