Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet seat removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dparker357

Hey guys I'm hoping maybe someone has removed this type of toilet seat before as I don't want to risk breaking the pan. I have taken out the 2 Allen key bits left and right and I assumed it would just lift off but it doesn't does anyone know or can help please?

Pictures are attached

david

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 22
I would have guessed the alan keys if you hadn't already removed them.
There was a similar seat on here a week or so ago. The two chrome cylinder shrouds pull off, will see if I can find a link to the other post.

Hi thanks for your quick reply! Yes I removed the Alan key pieces left and right and tried pulling those chrome pieces off like the video you showed me but to no avail. Just can't get my head around what the Alan key bit is doing as most of them are just like the video you posted where the chrome cover pulls off and then you push release.

Have you taken the allen screws right out?
There may be a second screw inside.

If not wiggle the chrome pin about, they look like they could be rusted on.

Thanks for your response I have taken them right out and can't see any other fixing behind it I might have to cut it off as I thought it may be rusted on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet seat removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock