Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Toilet seat I've not seen before in the Sanitary Ware area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. trigger25

trigger25 Member

Hello

I've just moved house and the toilet seat that's fitted is starting to break up. The access to the underside of the pan is hidden so I'm not sure how to fit another seat without dismantling the surrounding panels. There is however a central green button which when pressed allows the seat and cover to be removed. The chrome bracket on the toilet pan is a one piece item with 2 spigots spaced about 4" apart. As there doesn't seem to be any name or identifying marks on the seat I can't find one online to fit at present.

My question is "has anyone come across this type of toilet seat and would they be able to put a name to it?"

Any help would be most appreciated.

Trigger

2. SteveWannadoGas

SteveWannadoGas Member

how difficult would it be to simply replace the whole thing? Its not super expensive,

3. trigger25

trigger25 Member

The access to the underside of the toilet pan is concealed and it would mean dismantling the surrounding covers including removing the flush button controls.

I had hoped to just source a similar seat and put it onto the existing base.

4. SteveWannadoGas

SteveWannadoGas Member

how old is it? it sounds like it may now be obsolete?

5. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Most concealed fixings are accessible from above

• Like Like x 1
  6. trigger25

trigger25 Member

Not sure how old it is as I have only just moved in.

7. trigger25

trigger25 Member

Is there any clue as to how to check if this is accessible from above?

8. Stoney Ground

Stoney Ground GSR

Post a picture, make sure nothings lurking in the pan, I haven't had me tea.

• Like Like x 4
  9. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

You might be surprised there Steve, some are + £120

10. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

Agreed, it may be a seat specific to a model of pan.

11. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

And the rest , Remember Burtons the tailors ? . I put one on for Mr Burton a few years ago £250 , I kid you not

12. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

That is the problem with this designer stuff, it can comes with a designer price.

13. SteveWannadoGas

SteveWannadoGas Member

yes of course you can pay loads if you want. But you don`t need to. A perfectly good one is half that.

14. trigger25

trigger25 Member

image.jpg image.jpg
    Although I haven't tried it I suppose the chrome part might lever off.

15. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Yes, the chrome cover plate just lifts off, shouldn't need too much persuasion.