Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet Running After Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flash Kincade

Hi all,

I have a problem with my toilet whereby it expels water into the pan after the flush has finished and cistern has refilled. It's a fair amount of water - lasts for as long and sounds as if somebody's having a pee.
There's no slow trickle afterwards, it just does it's thing and stops. This is after each flush.
I've had the flush unit out and all appears to be normal - no dirt/limescale or visible wear and tear. I've changed the rubber washers to be sure there's no problem there but it has not fixed the problem.
Below is a picture of what I'm rocking inside my cistern.

Thanks in advance,

Flash

IMG_20160903_221936.jpg

When it's done the flush does it stop until it's full?

Once the flush finishes, the cistern refills and, just as the water reaches its level, that's when the excess water goes into the bowl.
At this point, water is still going into the cistern. As soon as the water stops, the excess water stops.

Sounds like the fill valve is the problem, it may be jamming so it doesn't stop filling and then goes through the overflow on the syphon.

I did have one the same a few week back and I replaced it with a fluidmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Running After Flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My toilet flushes ok when the long flush button is pressed - but water continues to flow into the toilet bowl. No problems with the short flush. I have a Siamp Optima 50, the overflow funnel doesn’t seem to drop back down on the long flush. The short flush does all purposes but family members...
Replies
Views
Hi, as is the toilet my toilet once flashed just keeps running when I move the blue float up-and-down The toilet will stop running and refil as normal but the problem persist. Is there anything I can do to fix this quickly or do i need replacement parts ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock