Search the forum,

Discuss Today's install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good install , I understand now what you mean about the combi valve high , I could not see combi valve on Tonys . I have never had problem draining Megaflow from full to dry no more then 10 min as all comes out under this huge pressure unlike the open vent one where the doc never works or if they do cylinder will be full of lime scale

Nice work! when you gonna take me on some of these jobs eh? lol

Did you have to move those Miele washers vern? Jesus they weigh a ton lol. Had to plumb a few of those in my time.

Yep half inch lol, so the pipe would go into the low loss header, thing is Tom they were bolted to a steel jig, which was then rawlbolted to the floor, theres another boiler above that washer to the right, not my best work but we had limited time as we closed the home to remove a leaking ACV delta combi 55KW with package burner on the front.

Thats cracking stuff vern! Shame the electrics are flapping in the wind tho.

I agree pal, i will slap our subbie, to be fair the wires are cylinder stat and twin immersions as back up, this went all the way back to a 3 phase board, we were pushed for time and were all on top of one another, not good, but fun all the same.....

Good install , I understand now what you mean about the combi valve high , I could not see combi valve on Tonys . I have never had problem draining Megaflow from full to dry no more then 10 min as all comes out under this huge pressure unlike the open vent one where the doc never works or if they do cylinder will be full of lime scale
Had one this week Stan open vent cylinder DOC stuck solid, not the easiset postion to syphon either

Yeah I've seen a few like that, nightmare to fit wastes cos they're not pumped, which is why they're often raised. Even worse when they block up. I bought a Miele for my house after seeing those commercials in care homes lol. Even my little domestic one is mega heavy.

I use my wet vac and then stick 1m of 15mm in and attach house to it and suck it baby ........ Hate them OV cylinders but most of the time I drain one is when it goes in my van so ........ Can not complain much but its a lot easy to drain the one that has 3 bar pressure inside

Yeah I've seen a few like that, nightmare to fit wastes cos they're not pumped, which is why they're often raised. Even worse when they block up. I bought a Miele for my house after seeing those commercials in care homes lol. Even my little domestic one is mega heavy.
They better be Tom , for what they cost you can get : washing mashine+ dishwasher + small fridge for your beer

aww i see no pumps eh? less to go wrong then.....

The pressure reducing valve is fitted as in came into the room, saved me running another 22 fo balanced cold. I will start making note of the AAV vern.... I PROMISE ;) as for the draincock I fit the one supplied, may not be able to see it in the pic.

The pressure reducing valve is fitted as in came into the room, saved me running another 22 fo balanced cold. I will start making note of the AAV vern.... I PROMISE ;) as for the draincock I fit the one supplied, may not be able to see it in the pic.

Only nit picking pal, its top drawer:biggrin:

did you fit nrv by the combi valve is required if it aint next to cylinder .....not having a bad vibe from me Tony just asking mate

why would you suggest AAV on the flow of the coil ? I use manual air vents on flow and return to UHWC coil

why would you suggest AAV on the flow of the coil ? I use manual air vents on flow and return to UHWC coil
Always do Stan on big systems, as megaflos are coil in coil, when they airlock they lock even on sealed systems, then turn off cap when vented and commissioned

They better be Tom , for what they cost you can get : washing mashine+ dishwasher + small fridge for your beer

I'm acquainted with the service guy for Miele north so I got a washer/dryer for ÂŁ450. BARGAIN.

I don't think all of them are pump less vern, can usually tell by connections on back, many have 2-3" gravity wastes, these ones usually have a sluice program to get rid of blood/**** etc.

make sense vern , I have never worked on a huge houses of systems more then about 20 radiators and 1 cylinder .

I'm acquainted with the service guy for Miele north so I got a washer/dryer for ÂŁ450. BARGAIN.

I don't think all of them are pump less vern, can usually tell by connections on back, many have 2-3" gravity wastes, these ones usually have a sluice program to get rid of blood/**** etc.

Yep on 2" wastes pal, will have to remember you know the rep lol

make sense vern , I have never worked on a huge houses of systems more then about 20 radiators and 1 cylinder .

TBH Stan that was only a 30 rad system...but the bigger ones with more rads and multi zones and pumps are a pain without AAV's, as you are filling and purging, other zones drag in more air, so i just let the AAV's do the job then shut them off, i always ensure they are on the positive side of the pump too, they can drag air in if not!

Would love to do something like that I only do, small stuff never needed to use 1, although a m8 of mine says he used to make them himself? Don't no how easy that would be. I will post a picture of a little conversion am doing tomorrow little bit of a pipe run to do so wil take a few pics

Would love to do something like that I only do, small stuff never needed to use 1, although a m8 of mine says he used to make them himself? Don't no how easy that would be. I will post a picture of a little conversion am doing tomorrow little bit of a pipe run to do so wil take a few pics

You can really nothing too them really, loads of design tips on net......yep get the pics up

Nice tidy job. Isn't it great when you have the space to work in so you can plan it properly. re the airvent i think you'll be fine just having one on the boiler. Given the position relative to the boiler different if the cylinder was above the boiler though.

I agree tackle but.... Mi's do state you have one on the cylinder so.. I must start... Probably on the next one..... Or the one after that. :)

I like your work mate, and you have passion (ohh err) for it which is always good and rightly should be proud of your work. We can all pick on somebodys work if we look hard enough. If I was doing your install on a price I would use a few more solder fittings as time is money, but day work that should be the standard for a good time served plumber (which obviously you are) working at a reasonable pace, so nice one :yes:

Vern, out of interest why have you lagged the D2 pipe on your nursing home install?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362424199.377807.jpg
Ruined I tell ya... RUINED

A question more than a comment;

Is the pressure vessel upside down?

Reason I ask is all solar diagrams say the Schrader facing down, old school says facing up and the big vessels on legs it's up.

Who is right?

A question more than a comment;

Is the pressure vessel upside down?

Reason I ask is all solar diagrams say the Schrader facing down, old school says facing up and the big vessels on legs it's up.

Who is right?

Doesn't really matter IMO but most MI's I've seen state valve at bottom.

It was ruined the minute a potterton went on the wall ;)
I loves my pottertons mate, suprima has to be my least favourite mind. The boiler was reused hence the vessel, external pump etc. so didn't have much choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Today's install. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock