Search the forum,

Discuss timeclock installation tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
evening folks

got a timeclock to install, one not there just the wires, its been disconnected and thrown away, wires covered with a blank plate. One of the cables has "TC" written on it, the other "CH"

I'm assuming the TC is the live feed, not sure which one is which as it is different colours from the jnction box.
I would like to know any tips on identifying which wire is which, i.e with the use of a multimeter, I usually pay my electrical contractor
to do Y/S plan systems but instead of paying him £50 for a small job like this I would like to do it myself, I could just guess them until
I get the right order but would like to know of any tips, like using the buzzer on the multimeter to identify.

How is it working the noo without a clock? Just running off a stat? If it is the wiring will have been swapped about a bit to make it work.

It has probably been disconnected or altered in the junction box so have a look in there 1st and try to follow it.
Set the multimeter to VAC and test from each wire to earth to find the live. If there is not an earth there use the socket screw of a nearby socket or switch.
When you have found that one connect to that and each other wire in turn to find the neutral. The other 2 are your switch wires one for heating and probably the one marked ch for heating.

Not been working for a couple years, electricians who done kitchen threw out the time clock. Bit of a shambles really....

There is no room stat, it's a back boiler. The one marked CH has 4 wires

If its wired into a junction box (usually a wee round one) it will be like this
Gravity bbu.png
Neutrals and earths not shown but they join to each other in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to timeclock installation tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock