Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles so I hot you can't walk on them in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello - I'm not a plumber but I'm hoping someone has some advice. We've just had an extension built under which is polypipe UFH, the UFH is working nicely and the original house is on rads. I've been told by the plumber that the boiler should be up to max and it will then be controlled by the thermostats which makes sense.

However, under the floor tiles as well as the UFH there are pipes, I presume hot water pipes, which run under the kitchen units (including the fridge). These are always warm even if the UFH isn't on. When the boiler is up to maximum these pipes get so hot you can't walk on the floor tiles with bare feet.

I'm just wondering if this is normal?

Many Thanks in advance.

A.

no should be no more than 58 dgrees going through underfloor eventually your tiles will fail, ther e should be a mixing valve on your underfloor manifold that mixes flow from boiler with return water to keep the temperature down either you have not got one or it is faulty.

Thanks for your reply. I don't think these pipes are from the UFH, they are feeding from the boiler out to the rads and utilities (I think). The UFH is all fine and when it's not on these pipes are still warm but when the boiler is up max then these other pipes are scolding hot...

Ah, sorry you weren't meaning the UFH pipes themselves but just all pipes underfloor... Perhaps I can get a thermometer out or something as I'm not sure if these are hotter than 58 degrees but they're too hot to walk on with bare feet.
Thanks.

If you're getting a situation where the floor is too hot to walk on, you have some very major issues.

Not only major issues, but problems that will cause failures of the piping system in the future.

I would call someone - or get someone off here - to go through the system and surmise and rectify the problems.

Something is definitely amiss!!

OK, thanks guys. It's only in an area where these pipes are laid (which is by the sink, dishwasher and fridge) but clearly something isn't right so I'll investigate further. Thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tiles so I hot you can't walk on them in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock