Search the forum,

Discuss Tightness test with FGA in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Hi guys came across a sticky situation today, just started using the fga for tightness tests so i can print them off (almost got stung by someone, thats another story).

Let by test no probs, stabilisation also fine.

Tightness test .40 mbar rise, hadnt worked on pipework so no heat ect, test ecv couldnt see any bubbles inside valve.

So basically anyone got a clue why the rise in pressure??

yes weather/ heat its been warm ish these last couple of days

external gas run?

Yep external bud, forgot to mention i tested in the morning and was all ok, then later on it was a lot warmer to be fair, didnt think id see that big a rise tbh.

Maybe its just the fga scaring me at the min cause im not used to seeing numbers going up and down.

What the regs on a rise on a red hot day then lol

Cheers for reply

yep all normal

if in doubt once tested check ecv with leak

I thought so, could that rise in pressure hide any possible drops then do you think?

dont think so as normally you will tell if you have a 1 mabr drop

Fair point lol whilst i have your attention can i peck your head about something else, seen alot of people of fb groups that have manometer tubes with tees to reduce pressures for testing, looked everywhere for them but cant find them, any ideas on supplier mate?

Fair point lol whilst i have your attention can i peck your head about something else, seen alot of people of fb groups that have manometer tubes with tees to reduce pressures for testing, looked everywhere for them but cant find them, any ideas on supplier mate?
Anton. Look on their website.

I have the Anton one it's really quite usefull. But they do takes a lot of getting use to. Took me quite a few goes to get the hang of it as the pressure goes back up a bit when you close off the cap. With practice I have it nailed now and it's not often I need to adjust the ECV to get to 10 or 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tightness test with FGA in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock