Search the forum,

Discuss Threading Old 3/4" Steel Pipe Tight To A Wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes would be fine

Thanks Shaun. Seemed plastic was getting a bit of a bad press that was all...

It's ok depends what you can get hold of

but I would take the piece out the coupling and put a male iron in but that's me

Thanks all for your input, sorry for late response. The Philmac transition couplings mentioned are plastic. Would that be OK to use? I tried twice contacting the company who makes the primofit ones for more info but they never got back to me.
The Philmac couplings are excellent, they look bulky and are obviously used out of sight. You can come off of them in any material you just need the correct adaptor. Any decent plumbers merchants will advise you. I have cut out a lot of LCS in old council houses where its on the hot and cold water supply! Simply fit a Philmac and then your away in nice new copper.

Cut a section of iron pipe off, drop in small hose through open pipe. Siphon water out. Hold bottom elbow, heat pipework and unscrew. Fit new male iron to copper fitting sorted. Just make sure you protect the copper in the ground with insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Threading Old 3/4" Steel Pipe Tight To A Wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock