Search the forum,

Discuss This thread about a job in York in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Gas Engineer wanted in York, N. Yorkshire to install Unvented Cylinders & pair of boilers in tandem

Went to look at this job.
I don't want to comment too much, but the whole jobs a mess. The client is trying to get a quality job, without paying quality installers. He's had a guy on labour only. All pipes are in the same notch,so the cold will become hot. Nothing insulated. Nothing clipped. Pipe work undersized.
I advised more than has been posted. But he hasn't got the budget or experience to sort it.
Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

thought so or he was trying to do it himself :)

what did the installers work look like?

Yes it was copper, but was notched into joists with no felt lining al 7, 22mm pope in on notch.
I blame the client tbh.

Yes it was copper, but was notched into joists with no felt lining al 7, 22mm pope in on notch.
I blame the client tbh.

trying to get a domestic plumber to do a com job :D for low prices

did you get any pics?

Last edited:
i see you found a mate to do the job ?

Nowt to do with me Shaun. Wish I had not seen it. The client is too tight to pay

No mate.
Whoever goes will have a shock. All the main plumbing is done, jobs been plastered. But no drainage! No soil pipes, no wastes!,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to This thread about a job in York in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a few questions regarding a boiler in my father-in-laws place that I'm very worried about and would like advice. My father-in-law is a chronic "tinkerer" and will fiddle and mess with things that didn't need tinkering with. He's recently told us that in the past he has moved pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; some of you may recall but after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully getting my money back after threatening to make a court claim), I've had another botch job with fitter #2! (found him on trustatrader with decent reviews but I guess...
Replies
Views
Hi all - apologies in advance for the essay. Posted a week or two ago about a botched shower job and had some really helpful replies (tray installed too far back so enclosure is too big for tray and overhangs it; plasterboard also sitting on top of tray rather than tray being butted to boards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock