Search the forum,

Discuss This sounds like a good one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning gents, just had a call from a customer on behalf of his brother who is having problems, nothing to do with me I am just interested ......
new system installed approx 2 years, baxi mega flo 2 28 kw
Baxi are coming out and he's drained the system ( strangely they asked him to ) when he drained it loads of small plastic granules came out !

any ideas you baxi lovers

The granules came out of the heating side? Need some photos of the installation really. If the granules came out the cold in/ hot water side maybe poly phosphate granules from water conditioner?

Yep granules came out of doc. It seams odd the baxi guy wanted it draining before he got there
something plastic has obviously Brocken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to This sounds like a good one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
I’m at a loss with this one. We renovated a run down house and have lived in it now for about 16 months. We had a new Greenstar 8000 Style 35 installed. Just before Christmas - about 12 months after install - we came home to a funny smell like paint, shoe polish etc - a very chemical smell...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock